• 28.04.2024, 16:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aqualis XT level fluctuations.

Dienstag, 24. März 2015, 12:52

I've recently installed an Aqualis XT and set it up as a level sensor.

Currently have the max level set to 150mm, current level set to 116mm, which reads as 77%, which is all well and good. I had initially calibrated it when the pumps were off. I haven't touched the calibration curve.

The issue is when the pumps ramp up, even with the filter speed set to the slowest value, the level read changes too quickly and sets off alarms. I will see the level drop to 0%.

In a thread 2.5 years ago, Shoggy said,

Zitat von »Shoggy«

Here
That is a problem that can not be solved at the moment since of course we assume a constant flow rate and also do not offer direct control for the pump speed in regards to the temperature since we always found that pretty useless.

The mps already features a very advanced filter technique so some spikes will not take into account for the measurement which also means that in your case the sensor values must be correct for some longer time so the mps thinks they must be real. These larger differences can not be easily filtered away because than a real problem would not be detected or too late. A delay would solve the problem but of course it is also a bit against the general philosophy. In case of a real problem it would take much more time before you get an alarm or shut down.

We will have a look what can be done here but do not expect any solution soon.

Is it past anytime soon? If an option can be made to give it a 5 second delay for, say, greater than 50% value changes, I think that would be suitable, at least in my situation. It's realistic to think that not everyone will have constant pump speeds. With the caveat that this will slightly delay alarms, an instant loss in water level isn't going to matter as the damage will be done and the thermal protections of the CPU will cover if required.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (24. März 2015, 12:59)

Dienstag, 24. März 2015, 14:01

I also noticed my reported level fluctuates a lot with the changes of the fluid/ambient temperature. If I start my computer in a cold apartment I sometimes get and alarm or a shutdown even though the actual water level has not changed. As soon as the loop heats up, the reported level rises.

I think the MPS sensor has a temperature measurement for just that case, to adjust for changes in temperature, but maybe it's not working fast enough.

The change in reported level prevents me from setting tight limits for fill level alarms, I rather use it as a "something catastrophic has happened - shutdown now" device now.

Kind regards,
Boris.