• 19.04.2024, 22:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Using two Aqualis D5 Watercooling Pump Adaptor's in series

Sonntag, 29. März 2015, 16:09

Hi Folks,

I'm rebuilding my loop at the moment which will consist of:

2 x EW xtx 480 rads
2 x Poseidon GTX 780 GPU's

1 x CPU block : Kryos HF for Socket 2011-3
2 x Aqualis D5 Pump Adapters with Fill Level Sensor

1 x Aqualis 450 ml Res.
USB / Aquabus D5 Pumps

I don't particularly want two discrete loops [I was given the second pump adapter] and wondered if anyone has experience of running these pump adapters in series [one res], a D5 pump being installed in each ?

This would primarily be for resilience and increased head/pressure. I know that the flow rate wouldn't be increased much.

Cheers.

LJ

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LJHAQUACOM« (29. März 2015, 16:10)

Sonntag, 29. März 2015, 16:51

Extreme Rigs did a short review of the EK-D5 Dual TOP G1/4, which includes a performance comparison chart at the end that includes 2 D5 pumps with individual Laing tops. Draw your own conclusion.

My comment would be, the savings of using a 'free' top needs to be balanced between the look and extra plumbing vs. a single dual top.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (29. März 2015, 16:53)

Sonntag, 29. März 2015, 19:03

Hi Infoseeker.

Agreed this is a good article and there are a few more on the WEB expounding the virtues of running D5's in series, especially where restrictions are present in the loop. Esthetics, although important, are not a priority for me. I need something that's functional and serves a purpose. The gear from Aquacomputer meets my requirements, extremely well made and built to last. Basically you get what you pay for.

What I need to know is very specific, does anyone have any experience of running two of these single Pump Adapters in series in the one loop. For example you'd think the likes of a Bitspower dual pump top and EK version would be the same performance wise, but they are not, The Extreme Rigs review [for one] proves this.

I think what you are saying is stick with a single loop and one pump/res/adapter, why bother complicating things. If so good point and we're on the same page, I'd just like to know if combining these PA's in series would have a performance benefit. D5's speak from themselves i.e. one pump is fully capable of running my loop.

I might just have answered my own question :S

LJ

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LJHAQUACOM« (29. März 2015, 19:04)

Sonntag, 29. März 2015, 22:33

Actually, I am a proponent of two pumps. I have that my self in case one fails. so you can keep going until the fix is ready to be applied.
My comment was more toward the aesthetics. which you have taken into account.

As to the performance delta between two singles and one double, I have no experience... but that review did state:

Zitat

– The EK dual top is almost identical in performance to the mathematical construct of two EK single tops.
This means that this dual top is about as perfect a performance as you could get.

I am not sure what the 'mathematical construct" consists of, but the reviewer appears to believe two singles vs. one double are equal.
Bottom line, even were there some disparity, with two D5s, you should easily be able to power through.

Sonntag, 29. März 2015, 23:37

We're still on the same page. As I have a free Pump Adopter, makes sense I guess to pop another AC D5 in it and connect using a Bitspower fittings. Only one reservoir needed and one loop.

As for the aesthetic aspect, I told a small lie. Hard acrylic tubing, although a pain to install, with Black Sparkle fittings make for quite a neat set-up. I'll have to see what the new Farbwerk can offer, when the moneys available !

Cheers.

Dienstag, 31. März 2015, 15:19

I'm running 2 Aquastream XT in series and the almost doubled the flow. Why? Because I was thinking about running 2 loops and had way too much money at the time. I wasn't satisfied with the flow and the cabinet (Danger Den) wasn't big enough to hold 2 loops without getting overcrowded (if you can use that word).