• 21.05.2024, 09:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Tips and tricks for replacing o-ring in Dual DDC Cover

Montag, 30. März 2015, 19:23

Hello all,

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get one of the o-rings to stay put in its groove. If you have one of these, you probably known which one I'm talking about. The o-ring is just a bit too small to cover the circumference of the groove.

Anyways, I was wondering what tips and tricks other people have used for getting the o-ring to stay put so the metal cover can be replaced without the cover leaking. I'm considering using glue but I'm afraid of the impact (contamination, efficiency, etc. ) that might have on the water cooling system.

Thanks,
Eric.

Dienstag, 31. März 2015, 03:22

I do not have that piece of gear, so I am not experienced with it, and I do not know how much too small the o-ring is.
But perhaps if you heated the o-ring slightly, it may expand enough to fit and quickly place the top on.

Dienstag, 31. März 2015, 15:29

I do not have that piece of gear, so I am not experienced with it, and I do not know how much too small the o-ring is.
But perhaps if you heated the o-ring slightly, it may expand enough to fit and quickly place the top on.

That's not a bad idea. Worth trying at least. Thanks.

Samstag, 4. April 2015, 10:30

I can't say I have ever had a problem with getting o-rings to fit but I am always amazed at the number of people who struggle to reassemble their GPU blocks etc so I may be out of the ordinary.
Do yourself a favour and pick up a small tub of silicon o-ring grease. Every water cooling enthusiast should have some. It keeps o-rings in good condition and being slightly tacky it can be very helpful to get them to stay in place during assembly.

Never ever use any sort of glue, no matter how tempted you are.