• 20.04.2024, 18:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Flow sensor „high flow USB“ 53129 with Aquastream XT Ultra?

Mittwoch, 1. April 2015, 01:33

Hello,

I am wondering if I can connect the High Flow USB flow sensor to my Aquastream XT Ultra pump via the Alarm 3 pin cable on the flow sensor to the Aquabus/Flow 3 pin input on the XT Ultra pump? If so what would be the calibration value to use in Aquasuite Pump configuration section?
I understand that I would initially need to connect the High Flow USB sensor to USB to configure the 3 pin alarm output as a regular RPM signal, correct?

Also just wanted to confirm: the High Flow USB item 53129 is MPS based and not impeller based like the non USB version?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Mittwoch, 1. April 2015, 12:07

This sensor has a USB and aquabus to transmit the sensor data.
The RPM signal is only for error indication.

Mittwoch, 1. April 2015, 12:51

You can connect the High Flow USB flow sensor to an aquastream XT Ultra pump, but be sure you fully understand the connection setup as there is the possibility of harm.
The following text is snipped from section 7.4 of the aquastream manual

Zitat

You can use the aquabus/speed signal cable included in delivery to connect the
pump controller board to a suitable connector of a compatible device, for example
an aquaero. USB and aquabus interface can be used at the same time,
however not all control options of the aquastream XT are available using the
aquabus interface.
If this connector is connected to an aquabus device, the port must not be configured
as flow sensor input! Otherwise, the pump controller will be destroyed and
all guarantees will be void!

For the Ultra variant, this connector can be configured for two different functions.
Default configuration of this connector is an aquabus interface. Using the aquasuite
software, this connector can also be configured to be a flow sensor input.
Simultaneous use of the aquabus and flow sensor function is not possible! Please
see chapter 14.4. for details on configuring the desired function.
Flow sensor and special interconnecting cable are optional accessories and not included
in delivery.

Zitat

Also just wanted to confirm: the High Flow USB item 53129 is MPS based and not impeller based like the non USB version?
I believe the "High Flow" and "High Flow USB" are both mechanical impeller based, with the interface module being the only difference.

Mittwoch, 1. April 2015, 13:30

You can connect the High Flow USB flow sensor to an aquastream XT Ultra pump, but be sure you fully understand the connection setup as there is the possibility of harm.
NO!!!!

The high flow USB has NO flow impulse output. The aquabus can only be used with a aquaero.
The alarm output from mps deliver no flow signal.

Mittwoch, 1. April 2015, 19:10

This sensor has a USB and aquabus to transmit the sensor data.
The RPM signal is only for error indication.

Zitat

The high flow USB has NO flow impulse output. The aquabus can only be used with a aquaero.
Alright good info thanks and understood.
Though I guess it is a little bit confusing even after reading both the manual for the XT pump and the flow sensors. The reason it's confusing is A) the pump has a pinout labeled "aquabus/flow" and you'd think since the sensor has that too, it can somehow work. (but pin numbers don't match) and
B) RPM and Alarm are normally the same 3 pin outputs, and both the pump and sensors have this input/output with identical connector. Plus the Sensor has a "configurable" alarm output mentioning RPM as per the MPS manual:

Zitat

8.3. Connector „alarm“
Depending on configuration, this header can either be used as a generic speed
signal
or as a “open collector” switching signal.
The speed signal or the switching signal can be configured
to be deactivated or activated in case of an
alarm condition for monitoring purposes. For example,
a speed signal cable (art. 93111) can be used to connect
this header to the CPU fan header of your motherboard.
Depending on on the type of motherboard and
BIOS settings, emergency shutdown of the PC upon
alarm condition or an acoustic alarm may be initiated.
Please refer to the motherboard manual for details on
functionality and BIOS settings.
Pin assignment: Pin 1: GND
Pin 2: not connected
Pin 3: RPM/open collector max. 30 V / 100 mA
I think it would be prudent to mention in the manuals that the ALARM pinput can not be used to send actual flow data like the non-usb version except to indicate an alarm condition (flow/no flow). It's really NOT "generic speed signal" then.

I believe the "High Flow" and "High Flow USB" are both mechanical impeller based, with the interface module being the only difference.
Ahh yes, I see this now in their MPS manual section 5.

Zitat

5.1. Technology and specific characteristics
The flow sensor „high flow USB“ features an integrated impeller which is driven by
coolant flow through the sensor. Movement of the impeller is electronically detected
and converted into a flow value.
:)

Dienstag, 7. April 2015, 15:03

NO!!!!

Oops, my bad... I assumed (fail) that the aquabus port on the "High Flow USB" could communicate with the aquabus port on the aquastream xt ultra.