• 17.04.2024, 01:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

PWM pump question

Samstag, 9. Mai 2015, 22:32

Hi there everyone,

I am currently expanding my watercooling setup and am looking into the Aquaero 6 Pro or XT to run the 3 PWM Corsair SP fans on my main rad and also a DDC 3.2 PWM pump that will be mounted below an Aqua Computer reservoir and pump top.

My question is that i know that the Aquaero 6 will run the fans, but what is its capability regarding a straight up PWM driven pump?
The pump is rated to draw 18W, it has a separate power connector and PWM connector with 2 cables, i can put all 4 cables into a single 4 pin fan header if necessary, i am also prepared to add that nifty metal heatsink block to the controller if required.
I just mainly need to know if i can control the pump satisfactorily from the Aquaero 6 and its software.

Many Thanks.

Sonntag, 10. Mai 2015, 03:14

Which pump specifically?

Sonntag, 10. Mai 2015, 15:29

The Aquaero will run the PWM DDC just fine. You could change the wiring so that power comes from the Aquaero as well as the PWM signal but there is little point as it won't change the way the pump is controlled.
The only thing to note is that the PWM DDC's have a narrow PWM response, such that around 15% PWM is min speed and 70% PWM is full pump speed. Setting the fan header it is attached to, to 15% min and 70% max will give a nice smooth 0 to 100% control when assigned to a controller.

Dienstag, 12. Mai 2015, 17:17

Okay thanks Jakusonfire, that is much appreciated knowledge. Infoseeker the pump in question is http://www.scan.co.uk/products/ek-ddc-32-pwm-12v-pwm-pump a Laing DDC pump made by EK with PWM control.

Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2015, 17:02

This is exactly what I'm doing; running the dual top EK DDC directly off the AQ6 (one pump per channel). At full load, it's well below the controller's thermal and power limit.

Donnerstag, 14. Mai 2015, 01:28

Railgun,
did you rewire the connectors then? to route all 4 through the 4 pin fan connector?

Donnerstag, 14. Mai 2015, 11:21

Yep.