• 25.04.2024, 17:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Assistance Needed - D5 Varia Pump (non-PWM) on Poweradjust 3 Ultrra

Freitag, 31. Juli 2015, 11:19

Hi guys,

I'm looking a bit of advice about connecting a D5 Varia pump (non-PWM) to an Aquacomputer Poweradjust 3 Ultra. First up, can I actually use the Poweradjust 3 to control the speed of the pump (via voltage)? I hsve the Poweradjust only so would be using it as a standalone controller for the pump. If it IS possible to use the Poweradjust as a standalone controller for the pump, how exactly would I connect the D5? Would I use the cable that has a four pin Molex and 3 pin connection or is there some other way to connect it?

I've scoured the internet for a guide to this particular setup but haven't found any conclusive answers. I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Dienstag, 11. August 2015, 03:03

Anyone? If a detailed answer is too difficult, I'd appreciate just a confirmation that a D5 Vario (non-PWM) can be safely used with a Poweradjust 3 Ultra (or not if that's the case).

Thanks

Dienstag, 11. August 2015, 04:10

It is safe to do but vario d5's aren't meant to be voltage controlled so reducing volts provides a limited rpm range before the pump just stops.
It's much like trying to control a Silverstone ap182 fan with a fan controller instead of the device it comes with.

I would much rather find a quiet speed manually with the dial and just leave it there.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (11. August 2015, 04:20)

Mittwoch, 12. August 2015, 17:25

It is safe to do but vario d5's aren't meant to be voltage controlled so reducing volts provides a limited rpm range before the pump just stops.
It's much like trying to control a Silverstone ap182 fan with a fan controller instead of the device it comes with.

I would much rather find a quiet speed manually with the dial and just leave it there.
First up, thanks you for taking the time to post a reply. These forums seem pretty slow so you're probably one of the few with the knowledge and inclination to answer my question.

I have a couple of short follow-up questions
1 - do you know the approximate RPM range of the D5 that is controllable through the Poweradjust and/or know where I might be able to find the exact range online? I'd like to understand how limited it is before deciding whether or not to bother installing the Poweradjust.
2 - Koolance sells a physical (not software based) RPM controller that is compatible with D5 pumps. Have you ever come across this and if so, does it have the same limited control over RPM range as the Poweradjust?

Thanks again

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Apex_AU« (12. August 2015, 17:35)

Freitag, 14. August 2015, 22:57

Voltage control is voltage control, the device doesn't make any difference.

No idea the exact speed range. Take a look at the aquaero 6 demo video. It shows at d5 being given 65% power and its still doing 4200 rpm. It won't run at much lower voltage.