• 25.04.2024, 16:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

help for watercooling setup

Donnerstag, 6. August 2015, 17:14

Hi All,

I would like to make my computer water cooled and I would
really like to get some advice for the shopping, what I need and what
do not. I read watched quite a lot in the lost couple of months, but I
would appreciate if you sort of approve my needs or add things that I
missed out. I would especially would like to hear advices from
AquaComputer guys!

My current setup:

nzxt phantom case
mobo: asus p9x79 pro
cpu: i7 3930k
2x titan black
1x gtx 780 6gb
4x8g corsair Dominator
corsair h100i cpu cooler

My future rig:

case: NZXT Phantom 820

mobo: asus p9x79 pro

cpu: i7 3930k + 1x Cuplex Kryos XT for Socket 2011, G1/4 (Do you think it is an option to keep the corsair h100i for the cpu and build cooling only for GPUs, is it recommended?)

2x titan black + 1x kryographics for TITAN, gray acrylic glass edition (I own one already, so I need only one)
1x Back plate for kryographics GTX Titan (I own one already, so I need only one)

1x gtx 780 6gb + 1x Kryographics for GTX 780 Ti Acrylic Glass Edition, Nickel
1x
1x Back plate for kryographics GTX 780

1x airplex modularity system 240 mm bootom one, for GPUs
1x airplex radical 2/360, copper fins,
top one for cpu (if I leave the corsair cpu cooler on, I dont need this)

Some
advice on radiators would be nice, as I dont really know what
difference makes to have a copper one, I mean it is really worth it?

For reservoir I would prefer the 5.25 bay size: aquabox professional 5 1/4" black G1/4

Holding fixture for aquabox professional 5 1/4", magnetic

From
this point I am kind of lost what fittings tubes I need for this rig.
So this is really an opened conversation. What would be great is to get a
complete recommendation with all parts included for the desired setup
(all fittings, tubes, ect. included) from you guys at Aquacomputers.

Thank you!

Best,

Mihaly

Donnerstag, 6. August 2015, 20:15

Hi Mihaly,

my personal recommendation is to get rid of the h100i and have only only circular flow for cpu and gpus.
The cpu/gpu coolers you selected are a good choice.
The radiator topic is difficult. more is always better. My system is running fine with only one 360, but I only have one gpu.
Overclockers use to have 2x 360 or even more. You can start with one 360 and add more radiators of your system becomes louder than you are willing to accept.
Cooper is theoretically better, but practically you won't notice a difference. However it looks much better.
About the fittings: the plug & cool system is fool-prove and easy to use, however looks rather ugly.
Also because of the surface tension and the small diameter, it's a bit more work to drain your system.
I think most use 16/10 or 16/11 mm hoses, but I have no experience with that. I just noticed that nice fittings for that system are ridiciously expensive...

What you missed is the pump you want to use and how you want to control your fans.
Easiest setup might be an aquastream xt ultra pump which has alredy a flow sensor connector and a fan controller.
I currently use a D5 Pump and I'm much happier with the noise it produces, however then you should also consider buying an aquaero to control the speed of the pump and the fans.

Hope that helps

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »m4jestic« (6. August 2015, 20:18)

Freitag, 7. August 2015, 10:09

Hi M4jestic,

Thank you for your advice!

I usually control my fans via the asus fan controller, I find it very easy and efficient, but I am going to check out your recommendation.

Yes, I was kind of stuck with the pump thing, so I am going to check out that.

Great advice with the radiator. I will probably go for the aluminum as no one will see it, and I am not to bothered about computer esthetics.:)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »misi« (7. August 2015, 10:55)

Montag, 10. August 2015, 15:07

The titan blacks actually use the 780ti /titan black blocks
And the 780 6gb can use any of the 780 /'titan / 780ti blocks.

There are slight differences. The titan black had the enlarged vrm section of the 780ti while the 780 and titan have the original board design.