• 16.04.2024, 13:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

hwinfo sourcePath

Mittwoch, 12. August 2015, 00:04

Hello,
been trying to setup Aquasuite for my new Aquaero 6 PRO but Aquasuite only offers me temperature sensors to create software sensors which are the only sensors (apart from aquaero own hardware sensors) that can be used to setup fan profile controller curves

since my system temps are heavily dependent on ambient temperature in my room (which changes a lot more day vs night or summer vs winter since I don't have AC) I'd like to use some performance indicator like gpu clock to control my fans

aquasuite shows my gpu temps/clock/load just fine in the normal graphs but won't let me add non-temperature indicators to set up as software sensor

I've found the config file for the software sensors so I guess I could just edit that to workaround the temperature-only limitation of aquasuite when creating the software sensor within the aquasuite app

C:\ProgramData\aquasuite-data\service_settings.xml

the setting for one of the entries:

Quellcode

<SoftwareSensorConfig>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<sensorName>GPU Temperature</sensorName>
<id>6</id>
<src>hwinfo</src>
<sourcePath>gpu_0_nvidia_geforce_gtx_970_/gpu_temperature/16777216_0_0</sourcePath>
<unit_override>false</unit_override>
<unit_from>
<t>Temperature</t>
<t_value>DegreeCelsius</t_value>
<accuracy>1</accuracy>
<time>None</time>
<range>None</range>
<range_mode>Manual</range_mode>
</unit_from>
<unit_to>
<t>Temperature</t>
<t_value>DegreeCelsius</t_value>
<accuracy>1</accuracy>
<time>None</time>
<range>None</range>
</unit_to>
<unit_offset>0</unit_offset>
<unit_scale>1</unit_scale>
</SoftwareSensorConfig>

the problem I am having is finding out where that sourcePath is taken from as I couldn't find it in the HWiNFOSharedMemoryViewer.exe

I also tried searching the registry for the value, looking at other hwinfo config files and looking at processmonitor to see which files/registry entries it is accessing but no luck so far ;o[

if I can get the sourcePath values for the shared data then I can hopefully add any sensor shared by hwinfo to aquasuite and control my fans from it

any help is appreciated

Mittwoch, 12. August 2015, 06:53

ONLY temperatures sensor are allowed as Software Sensors.
In the Overview Pages you can add every available Source to display the data.

Mittwoch, 12. August 2015, 14:53

yes I know that by default Aquasuite only allows temperature sensors from hwinfo to be added as software sensor which are only allowed to control the fans

but as I said the temperatures depend heavily on ambient temperature in my room which changes a lot during the day (day vs night) depending on the outside temperature therefore I really cannot use that....the temperatures vary so much that it becomes impossible to judge if my system is under load or not just from the temperature
the idle temps during hot days are higher then load temps during night

I don't really understand why the limitation when aquasuite has access to all those performance indicators which would be a lot better for determining the idle/load of the system

I already found out the sourcePath for the gpu clock, gpu voltage etc (when you export the item from overview the sourcePath is saved in the file)
but even when I edit the service_settings.xml and changing everything according to data in HWiNFOSharedMemoryViewer.exe and changing the unit values to what are the defaults in aquasuite.xml it doesn't work (aquasuite will show that it's using the correct shared item data but the data are not coming in)

Quellcode

<SoftwareSensorConfig>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
          <sensorName>GPU Clock</sensorName>
          <id>7</id>
          <src>hwinfo</src>
          <sourcePath>gpu_1_nvidia_geforce_gtx_970_/gpu_clock/100663296_0_0_0</sourcePath>
          <unit_from>
            <t>Frequency</t>
            <t_value>Hertz</t_value>
            <accuracy>1</accuracy>
            <time>None</time>
            <range>Mega</range>
          </unit_from>
          <unit_to>
            <t>Frequency</t>
            <t_value>Hertz</t_value>
            <accuracy>1</accuracy>
            <time>None</time>
            <range>Mega</range>
          </unit_to>
        </SoftwareSensorConfig>

Quellcode

<SoftwareSensorConfig>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
          <sensorName>GPU Core Voltage</sensorName>
          <id>7</id>
          <src>hwinfo</src>
          <sourcePath>gpu_1_nvidia_geforce_gtx_970_/gpu_core_voltage/33554432_0_0_0</sourcePath>
          <unit_from>
            <t>Voltage</t>
            <t_value>Volt</t_value>
            <accuracy>1</accuracy>
            <time>None</time>
            <range>None</range>
          </unit_from>
          <unit_to>
            <t>Voltage</t>
            <t_value>Volt</t_value>
            <accuracy>1</accuracy>
            <time>None</time>
            <range>None</range>
          </unit_to>
        </SoftwareSensorConfig>

with the clock there might be a problem with Fallback temperature which only allows range of -40 to +120, but I also tried gpu voltage which is 0.8-1.2 and it didn't work either
with the voltage there might be a problem with the accuracy set to 1 but even with 1 (if that means number of decimals) it should still be showing 0.8 and not 0.0 if it worked otherwise

I know I am trying to force Aquasuite to work in a non-intended way but only because the available options of controlling the fans won't work for my system/environment

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »headbass« (12. August 2015, 15:00)

Mittwoch, 12. August 2015, 17:59

Not sure if this is useful for you, but I will toss it out in case.

I made a virtual sensor that is the delta between water-out of the radiator, and the ambient air temperature:

And then I control the fans with the virtual sensor:

So as the water-out temp rises above ambient, the fan power is increased, and visa versa.
This way the loop temperature floats with your ambient.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (12. August 2015, 18:03)