• 04.05.2024, 14:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

corrupted text and graphics on my aquaero 6 pro display - faulty unit?

Donnerstag, 13. August 2015, 15:02

btw I think my Aquaero 6 PRO has a faulty display...the text has bad readability (the menu items and similarly small text is very hard to read) and some of the text and graphics are really corrupted looking
can anyone confirm that?....I really have a bad luck when it comes to pc parts ;o[

I don't really use the display much (the unit is behind the case doors) as I use the aquasuite app to monitor everything....also pretty much want it to be set-it-and-forget-it

but still it kinda bugs me if I got a bad unit....could that been done by changing the faceplate (got the black one) or installing the heatsink? I did everything according to the instructions and was very gentle, no force used in the process and not screwed in too tight. I didn't power the unit on before installing the heatsink and faceplate so dunno if it worked out-of-the-box
it is running the latest firmware version so update won't help

short video of the AQ startup animation

some more pics (have some text corrupted)

it is only a month old so still in warranty and could have the unit replaced

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »headbass« (13. August 2015, 15:52)

Donnerstag, 13. August 2015, 16:14

Your best bet is to start a communication with support at support@aqua-computer.de

Donnerstag, 13. August 2015, 16:24

Hello headbass,

I had identical problems with my AQ5, and what it boiled down to is that there seems to be a grounding issue with some units or combination of installed PSU, case and AQ5.

There are many other "fixes" floating around, try loosening the screws on the front of the faceplate and see if the display improves. For me, also loosening the side screws that fix the AQ to the case sometimes helped.

Also, I still do have that problem occasionally, and what helps is to turn my computer completely off, disconnect the power supply, wait for a bit and turn it on.

In any case, you should contact support and try to get a new unit.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Donnerstag, 13. August 2015, 17:08

Hello headbass,

I had identical problems with my AQ5, and what it boiled down to is that there seems to be a grounding issue with some units or combination of installed PSU, case and AQ5.

There are many other "fixes" floating around, try loosening the screws on the front of the faceplate and see if the display improves. For me, also loosening the side screws that fix the AQ to the case sometimes helped.

Also, I still do have that problem occasionally, and what helps is to turn my computer completely off, disconnect the power supply, wait for a bit and turn it on.

In any case, you should contact support and try to get a new unit.

Kind regards,
Boris.

thx for reply Boris....I think I've seen some fix on youtube when I was searching for aquaero vids before purchasing, but didn't really understand what the issue was about ;o]

to get it clear:
1) this issue only appears on some aquaero units? meaning a different aquaero unit in the same case and psu could work without any modifications? Is it a reason for RMA if my unit does that?
2) if the issue is related to case or psu does that mean that when I take the aquaero from the case (and use a differrent psu) it should work properly again? (just to diagnose what is the problem)

I have Phanteks Enthoo Primo case and Corsair HX1000i psu

edit:
loosening the screws on the front face plate didn't help (they really weren't too tight, I tightened them very lightly)
watched some vids on youtube and all the grounding fix vids show a blinking display, not such corrupted text

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »headbass« (13. August 2015, 17:17)

Freitag, 14. August 2015, 02:43

Hey headbass,

It certainly does seem like this issue only appears one some units because I have not seen a lot of complaints about it. I have not changed the PSU but I have changed the case in the mean time and it did not fix the problem. I would definitely say that you have a good reason for RMA. I never RMA'd mine because it only happens very rarely and I don't really use the display that much with my new case placement.

If you can, I would try playing around with a different PSU, taking the aquaero out of the case and trying to unplug the USB. I managed to replicate the issue in different ways but could never pinpoint the root cause.

My display does not blink, the text gets garbled, sometimes only on one half of the display, sometimes on the top part if I remember correctly.

In the end, it could be a manufacturing defect as well, like a cold solder joint, but I could not find any areas that looked problematic on mine and I could sometimes replicate the issue just by touching the mounting screws.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Freitag, 14. August 2015, 15:32

It is very likely that this is only a bad contact between the display and the interface on the main controller board. To check this you can remove the four screws at the front so you can pull out the faceplate and the touch controller board (it is plugged into the display). Then you will see four bolts which must be also removed so you can remove the display from the main controller. I recommend to use something flat like a ruler or a knife and to slightly(!) bend the contact pins for the display on the main controller to the side. This way you can make sure that they will have a proper contact in the socket of the display.