• 16.04.2024, 19:33
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Clock battery question

Donnerstag, 3. September 2015, 12:07

Hi guys

Been loving building my first WC project.

I've mainly used AquaComputer for controls/pump/res etc. and had a question about the clock battery expansion for the Aquaero 6XT.

When I completely remove power from my PC, ie from the mains, even though I've got a clock battery attached to the Aquearo, the time/date resets until Windows boots and presumably the USB connection updates the time.

It's not an issue but I'm struggling to the see the point of the battery module (except a handy splitter for the Aquabus pins).

On a related note, one of the reasons I got the battery was in the hope the Aquaero would 'remember' the last temp of my SSDs which I use a source for my front fan controller. With every hard boot, the (system) temps default to 50C causing the fan to run at 100% until AquaSuite had loaded and sync'd with Aida64. Is there anyway to set a default value besides 50C?

Cheers all

Mark.

Donnerstag, 3. September 2015, 12:12

If your RTC module is pretty old it might be possible that it is faulty. There were a handful of boards that had a component equipped in reverse.

Not the little dot on this component. If it points inwards like in the photo it is wrong. If it points outwards like indicated by the red arrow it is correct. In case that it is wrong you can turn it yourself if you have some basic soldering skills, otherwise get in touch with the support by e-mail.

The RTC module will not store any temperature values. It only works for the time and date.

Freitag, 4. September 2015, 08:01

Thanks for the swift reply Shoggy.

It looks like my RTC has component the correct way around. I'll try another battery to see if that works. I'm guessing it's connected/seated correctly as I've got use of the two Aquabus ports.

Do you know if there any way of either discounting or setting an alternate value other than 50C for Software Temperature Sensors?

Thanks

Mark.

Freitag, 4. September 2015, 08:38

The fallback temperature can be configured freely. 50°C is only the default value from the factory settings.

Freitag, 4. September 2015, 08:48

Wow.

Thanks Shoggy, your reply was so quick, I didn't get a chance to edit my post to say I'd found the fall back temperature and would try that!

Cheers!

Mark.

Sonntag, 9. Dezember 2018, 01:25

If your RTC module is pretty old it might be possible that it is faulty. There were a handful of boards that had a component equipped in reverse.

[attach]5369[/attach]

Not the little dot on this component. If it points inwards like in the photo it is wrong. If it points outwards like indicated by the red arrow it is correct. In case that it is wrong you can turn it yourself if you have some basic soldering skills, otherwise get in touch with the support by e-mail.

The RTC module will not store any temperature values. It only works for the time and date.
Shoggy received my
aquaero 6 XT after installing the clock module and passive heatink i installed it to the system now the time does not sync to my system its 30 min faster

Regards
selva