• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

humvee

unregistriert

Aqualis sealing problem

Dienstag, 15. September 2015, 15:06

Hello,

Recently I bought a cooling system from you guys, including 450ml Aqualis tank with pressure sensor. While the quality feel of all items is beyond spectacular (the term "industrial grade" comes to mind), the reservoir keeps causing issues. Specifically leaks from either bottom gasket, or underneath (around pressure sensor maybe ?). I opened and reassembled the res multiple times, but with same effect every time. Not sure if it's a bad seal, or pressure valve not activating, thus possibly creating overpressure that causes the seal to give way.

The leaks do not occur when stationary, only when the circuit is running.

Is there a particular way of assembling that res that makes gaskets catch on more effectively, or a way to diagnose what is causing the leaks ? Or would larger seals possibly remedy the problem ?

Freitag, 18. September 2015, 16:57

Does water come out of the stainless steel cover or not?

If water comes out at the tubing you might want to add a bit more force. I recommend to insert a pair of fittings to the base and top so you get a better grip. Strongly tighten everything. You can also use a screwdriver as lever.

You can also try to turn the glass tube. Sometimes the edge is not perfectly even. Normally this should be no problem for the gasket but who knows.