• 18.04.2024, 05:33
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Pulsing set point controller.

Samstag, 17. Oktober 2015, 15:44

Hi all,
I have a few set point controllers setup. Some work fine others don't. Only the rad fans are noticeable
I have 3 140mm powerful but noisy fans on my rad, the never spin up more than 50% under load so very tolerable. But as my water temps become easier to cool, the set point controller set the them fans pulses, so 25%, then 10%, then 24% then 10%, continuous until 0. Even for a while then its poking at 5% and lower.
The set point is set to 35oc, fairly easy. Any way to solve this other than picking normal or slower? If I choose Fast I'm not comfortable with how fast my water rises in temp, its a good couple of degrees that on my CPU socket can mean 65+ other than 35water 60socket.
I'm using an Aquaero5 Pro, an AquaComputer CPU block and the fans are controlled and powered by a Power Adjust.
I did for a brief moment think it was sorted with the latest Aquasuite update. I'm also getting high rpm readings only at low speeds but think that might be a wiring problem.
Thanks.
Specs...
Aqueareo5 Pro
- 3x NZXT FZ-140 Airflow Fan Series 140mm (RADIATOR) controlled by a PowerAdjust2
- Laing Pump
- Single Loop - Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis Radiator GTS 420 XFlow - Aqua Box Pro Reservoir - Koolance UV Green - Mayhems Aurora 2

Samstag, 17. Oktober 2015, 15:45

Oh and CPU block is a Aqua Computer Cuplex Kryos HF

Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2015, 11:34

Likely that your fans do not like low voltages. The fact that the rpm goes crazy at lower values is already an indicator. The aquaero also checks the rpm and if it is not present anymore the voltage will be raised to make the fan spin again (even tough it might be already running).

Sonntag, 15. November 2015, 00:42

I run my fans via Power Control rather than the Speed Control. If I remove the speed signal all together would this stop the Aquaero reading RPM status on Power Controlled fan sets. At the moment I have one fan output set at 4v min free to fall to 0, but the power controller hits lower than 4v' most of its idle time. Should the Power Control just be voltage?
The load of the fans never pass 1 amp, but I am looking into a second controller to better spread the load. I have some screenshots of what I have going on, IntakeFan is the main problem, again setup to be controlled with voltage but selecting under 4v and sporadic.

Montag, 16. November 2015, 07:09

but the power controller hits lower than 4v' most of its idle time.
That is not possible.0% = 0V, a value > 0% output power is your set up minimum power (4V). The displayed voltage has a smal delay. Wenn the voltage goes from 5V to 0V. you see the voltage is go down with a ramp down to 0.

When your controller is pulsing you have to setup the controller slower with lower pid values - this result in a damped controller behavior.

Dienstag, 17. November 2015, 14:51

Thank you, before your reply I had deleted the set point controller for that fan and setup a curve controller. This seemed to have calmed all problem fans down to a much more preferred control setup. I am now having more success with a custom set point controller as you pointed out, following another post of what PI&D do.
Thanks both for your help.