• 24.04.2024, 07:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Resistors on my RGB LEDs

Freitag, 13. November 2015, 16:59

I know I will need 470 Ohm resistors on the R, G and B tails from my common anode LED bulbs that I plan to run from the Farbwerk.

My question is if I run a setup like the picture below, will I need a set of resistors on all 4 bulbs or just one set on the feed from the Farbwerk?

ROUGH LAYOUT OF RGB SPLITTER.JPG

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Blade Runner« (13. November 2015, 17:01)

Freitag, 13. November 2015, 21:33

Can you please post the specifications on the RGB Bulbs you are going to connect.

"Most" of the RGB bulbs are common cathode (negative) and not common anode (positive).

The Farbwerk requires a common anode (+12 Volt) RGB device.

The single RGB Bulbs, such as this http://www.aquatuning.us/air-cooling/con…aquaero-5-und-6 are common cathode (Ground) which only require 3 - 4 Volts for operation, AND are relatively low current devices. These types may be plugged directly into the Aquaero, however there is a 20 mA total current limitation.

RodeoGeorge

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »wa3pnt« (13. November 2015, 21:34)

Samstag, 14. November 2015, 16:55

Can you please post the specifications on the RGB Bulbs you are going to connect.

"Most" of the RGB bulbs are common cathode (negative) and not common anode (positive).

The Farbwerk requires a common anode (+12 Volt) RGB device.

The single RGB Bulbs, such as this http://www.aquatuning.us/air-cooling/con…aquaero-5-und-6 are common cathode (Ground) which only require 3 - 4 Volts for operation, AND are relatively low current devices. These types may be plugged directly into the Aquaero, however there is a 20 mA total current limitation.

RodeoGeorge
Thanks for the reply George,

I have got common anode led's, Shoggy told me to get them a few months ago :)
I have a few of them working from my farbwerks in another build.
My questiuon is can I just use one resistor on the R,G & B wires on the feed to a splitter box.
At the moment I have the same setup but with resistors on all the led's individually, the only reason I ask is so that I can make the sleeving neater when it does not have to fit over resistors.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Blade Runner« (15. November 2015, 01:44)

Samstag, 14. November 2015, 22:52

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm sorry that I cannot answer your question, as I've not tried multiple LEDs in the configuration you're asking about.

I'm certain that someone must have tried the single resistor on the common lead, and can reply.

RodeoGeorge