• 16.04.2024, 05:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

USB and Aquabus Connection Question

Samstag, 21. November 2015, 16:59

I have my current setup wired with all the aquabus connections going back to the Aquero 6, I also have all of the USB connections on everything including the Aquero going to a USB hub then back to the motherboard.
I cant easily get at some of the connectors to try this before I wire up my new build, so my question is:-
Can I wire my 2 Aqua computer D5 pumps(USB and Aquabus interface type), 2 Reservoirs (Fill level sensor type with USB outlet), a Farbwerk and an Aquero 6 to a USB hub and then onto the motherboard and have full control of everything through the Aquasite WITHOUT connecting any of the Aquabus connections?

Sonntag, 22. November 2015, 17:02

I do not have, nor am familiar with the Farbwerk, so I will let someone else address that item.

The two D5 Pumps can be configured and controlled from a USB only connection in aquasuite, including setting alarms.
pump.jpg

The two Fill Level Sensors can be configured and calibrated from a USB only connection in aquasuite. including setting alarms.
level.jpg

The primary reason for the aquabus connection is to allow devices to give input to, and be controlled by, the aquaero, normally not necessary for pumps and level sensors.

Sonntag, 22. November 2015, 23:31

Many thanks InfoSeeker, thats all I needed to know.
I am trying to have as few cables as possible so this is good news.
If the Farbwerk needs it' one Aquabus wire will not really matter from that, as it is the easiest to hide.

Montag, 23. November 2015, 02:02

Actually, if you look at this aquacomputer farbwerk demo, you will see everthing is done from the USB tab in aquasuite... no aquaero even installed.
So it is probably safe to say no aquabus is required.

Montag, 23. November 2015, 12:28

Aquabus allows the Aquaero to control and directly communicate with the expansion devices. Without it they are standalone.
For example, the USB pumps, with USB you can manually set their speed through aquasuite. Aquabus allows auto control of pump speed by the Aquaero.

Dienstag, 24. November 2015, 10:23

Thanks Jakusonfire thats useful to know, since my pumps are not on display I may well run a couple of aquabus cables to them to allow proper control.