• 16.04.2024, 16:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Which Flow rate sensor?

Sonntag, 22. November 2015, 21:23

I see there are quite a few different flow rate sensors, how do I determine which one I need for my build?

MPS 100
MPS 200
MPS 400

Or one of these "High Flow" models? I'm not sure the difference between these two?

http://www.performance-pcs.com/aquacompu…oweradjust.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/aquacompu…w-usb-g1-4.html

I plan on getting an Aquaero 6 XT if it makes any difference.

Thanks.

Sonntag, 22. November 2015, 23:52

You can choose if you want to have Flow rate based on a mechanical davice (High Flow) or by pressure (MPS)

To choose an MPS you need roughly an idea how much flow you can produce with your system. The value after the mps stands for the maximum flow rate the device can handle.

Zitat

mps flow 100: Range approximately 20 - 100 liters per hour / 5 - 26 US liquid gallons per hour (Art. 53130)
mps flow 200: Range approximately 40 - 200 liters per hour / 11 - 53 US liquid gallons per hour (Art. 53131)
mps flow 400: Range approximately 80 - 400 liters per hour / 21 - 106 US liquid gallons per hour (Art. 53132)

The USB HIgh Flow is a standalone device, the other one needs an AE (v3 up to v6), a Poweradjust or an Aquastream to work.
:rolleyes:

Montag, 23. November 2015, 01:21

Hmm. I don't know the answer to either of those questions, mechanical or by pressure or how much flow my system can produce.

I do plan on having a AE6 XT & 2 D5 pumps if that helps me narrow the selection down at all?

Is this something I can just get the highest flow rate and be safe if I don't use all its capability, or does it really need to be sized pretty accurately?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »thegreywizard« (23. November 2015, 01:27)

Montag, 23. November 2015, 12:32

Either of the two mechanical models can be used in any loop because of the very broad working range. Of the pressure models only the 400 makes real sense because any loop should easily be over 80lph and most will Max out a 200 model.

Dienstag, 24. November 2015, 15:02

Either of the two mechanical models can be used in any loop because of the very broad working range. Of the pressure models only the 400 makes real sense because any loop should easily be over 80lph and most will Max out a 200 model.
Ok so since I plan on having an AE6 XT in my setup, I would opt for the mechanical model that requires the AE6.

Which is this one correct: http://www.performance-pcs.com/aquacompu…oweradjust.html

Is there any real difference between that one & the MPS 400 model as far as performance or ability? I'm just not sure which one to choose over the other between those two?

What does an electronic flow meter really do for a loop, just tell you gallons per hour running through your loop? I'm going to also have a visual flow meter by Primochill in the system for function & looks, but trying to figure out the real benefits of one of these electronic ones that link to an AE6.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »thegreywizard« (24. November 2015, 15:04)

Mittwoch, 25. November 2015, 05:02

The main differences between the pressure models and mechanical models is;
the mechanicals can sometimes cause unwanted noise while the pressure have no moving parts and no noise.
The pressure models are less accurate out of the box because the default calibrations aren't great but once calibrated accurately they are more accurate than the mechanicals.
For ease of use you can't beat the mechanical models unless you just want an indication of flow without needing it to be dead on correct.

Flow meters are good for monitoring the health of the loop. If flow rate drops over time then it's a good indication the loop is clogging and needs cleaning.
Without one when problems arise there is just guess work required to sort out what could be wrong. Just about every thread that brings up problems with someone's loop will have multiple people saying you need more pump, more rad etc. A flow meter gives definitive answers.

That is all they do though ... Show the flow rate through the loop ... Though I'm not sure what else anyone would expect or want them to do

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (25. November 2015, 05:06)

Mittwoch, 25. November 2015, 11:57

Ok since I would like the loop to be as quite as possible, I would opt for a pressure model. The additional accuracy would also be nice.

But what about the calibration? How difficult or long does it really take in order to get one into perfect calibration?

For my setup I plan on having two 360 rads & dual D5 pumps, beyond that my system has no room for anything else, so I can't imagine wanting or needing to add more rads or pumps beyond that for a single CPU 5820k & single 970 graphics card and ram cooling and have already designed it to have enough overkill built in to handle any additional heat need in the future I believe.

I'm not sure if I even need a flow meter at this point, but still considering adding one at the initial creation of my loop, "just because' it's an extra bell & whistle for my loop to have.

I plan on running only purified water in my loop no dyes of any kind what-soever & also will have the aquacomputer filter that I'm adding to my loop to help it keep clean and hopefully stop any clogging in other areas of the loop, hence another reason a flow sensor may be un-needed for my setup?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »thegreywizard« (25. November 2015, 12:06)

Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2015, 11:58

To accurately calibrate the pressure based flow sensors the easiest way I find is to build the meter into the system and temporarily attach another flow meter to the loop. I have a 2 GPM king instruments panel mount meter that is connected to the loop with a couple pieces of soft tubing. A section of loop tube between two components is taken out and the meter installed in its place.
Then you just adjust the flow rate from minimum to maximum in small steps and create a custom calibration curve for Unscaled value to real value on the king meter.