• 24.04.2024, 07:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Real time clock expansion module, just a battery backup or does it enable a physical clock ability on the AE6?

Mittwoch, 25. November 2015, 13:49

Just came across the Real Time Clock expansion module and wondering if its something I need/want?

Is this just a back up battery, or does it actually giving the AE6 the ability to show the time on it's dispaly? Or does the AE6 show the time without this anyways and it is indeed just a back up battery for the time?

I do plan on having the AE6 powered via the PSU (I assume anyways) so not sure if I really need/want this.

If however it is a module that actually gives the AE6 the ability to have an actually clock on the display, it is probably an add on that I would like to get for it.

RE: Real time clock expansion module, just a battery backup or does it enable a physical clock ability on the AE6?

Mittwoch, 25. November 2015, 14:17

Just came across the Real Time Clock expansion module and wondering if its something I need/want?

Is this just a back up battery, or does it actually giving the AE6 the ability to show the time on it's dispaly? Or does the AE6 show the time without this anyways and it is indeed just a back up battery for the time?

I do plan on having the AE6 powered via the PSU (I assume anyways) so not sure if I really need/want this.

If however it is a module that actually gives the AE6 the ability to have an actually clock on the display, it is probably an add on that I would like to get for it.

The Real Time Clock expansion module for aquaero 5 und 6 is only needed if you do NOT have/keep a USB connection between the aquaero and your mobo.
The aquaero has an internal clock that syncs with your PC on startup.
Snip below from product page:

Zitat

Expansion module for aquaero 5 XT/PRO/LT and aquaero 6 XT/PRO (not included). The Real Time Clock expansion module supplements your existing aquaero with a battery buffered real time clock, especially interesting for aquaero controllers that do not have a permanent USB connection to a PC.

Mittwoch, 25. November 2015, 14:22

Is there any reason why someone would not keep a USB connection between their AE6 & their mobo?

I guess I'm confused as to why the real time clock exists, seems it would be a pretty standard thing to keep a usb connection from AE6 to the mobo? Or am I missing something here?

Mittwoch, 25. November 2015, 19:10

Is there any reason why someone would not keep a USB connection between their AE6 & their mobo?

I guess I'm confused as to why the real time clock exists, seems it would be a pretty standard thing to keep a usb connection from AE6 to the mobo? Or am I missing something here?

There are comercial/industrial applications for the aqauero that do not require a PC. Have to look outside the box occasionally :)