• 18.04.2024, 03:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Poweradjust 3 voltage problem

Freitag, 27. November 2015, 22:57

Hello,

I just got my Aquacomputer Poweradjust 3 Standard and connected 18W Laing pump to it. But I was very suprised when I saw its readings in aquasuite. The pump runs on stable 11.0V and ~1.28-1.36A despite power being set to 100%. What's going on? Why there is no proper 12V@1.5A? Well, I did not expected perfect 12V, but something like 11.8-11.9V (that's the voltage of fans connected to aquaero 5). I also tried to connect fan instead of pump, then the voltage was like 11.3-11.4V. Paraphasing Jimmy McMillan: the 1V drop is damn too high.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Zachariasz« (27. November 2015, 23:09)

Samstag, 28. November 2015, 08:33

This is normal.
Wenn your pump needs to run @12V you dont need an poweradjust.
The voltage drop is depend on the output current. When the current is lower you have a lower drop.

When you have more than 1A you have a higher voltage drop on you supply cable + the drop on the electronic.

Samstag, 28. November 2015, 15:13

Well, that not seems normal, at least not to my understanding.

First issue is: how low the current has to be so poweradjust would supply 12V? I have connected regular 120mm fan to aquaero: the readings was like 11.9V@0.08A. And that's absolutly OK. Then I've connected the same fan to poweradjust: the readings was like 11.4V@0.12A. And although poweradjust supplied ~0.3W more, the fan rpm was a bit lower.

Second issue: AFAIK Laing 3.25 18W is called so because it consumes power of 18W. Still 11V * 1.3A = ~14W which is a lot less then 18W.

Samstag, 28. November 2015, 15:22

Then I've connected the same fan to poweradjust: the readings was like 11.4V@0.12A
Yes, that is fine, this ist NORMAL.

Samstag, 28. November 2015, 16:42

Then I've connected the same fan to poweradjust: the readings was like 11.4V@0.12A
Yes, that is fine, this ist NORMAL.
OK, if you say so. I don't really care about fans. The most compelling issue is why my 18W pump is running on 14-15W?

Samstag, 28. November 2015, 17:02

he most compelling issue is why my 18W pump is running on 14-15W?
The pump has a absolute maximum power consumption of 18W.
When you power up the pump the power consumption is for a short time more than 50W.

The power consumption is also depend on the resistance in your water loop and some other individual parameters.

Samstag, 28. November 2015, 19:27

he most compelling issue is why my 18W pump is running on 14-15W?
The pump has a absolute maximum power consumption of 18W.
When you power up the pump the power consumption is for a short time more than 50W.

The power consumption is also depend on the resistance in your water loop and some other individual parameters.
That would make perfect sense; unfortunately, RPM of pump connected to poweradjust is lower than connected directly to molex (~4550 vs ~4750). Which actually translates to lower cpu's core temperatures (up to 3'C, which is surprisingly high difference). As I was very content with aquaero 5, this poweradjust thing is imho just overpriced piece of junk :( Well, maybe "junk" is too much said; but it certainly is not worth 50 bucks.

Samstag, 28. November 2015, 21:27

onnected directly to molex (~4550 vs ~4750). Which actually translates to lower cpu's core temperatures (up to 3'C, which is surprisingly high difference)
5% rpm difference result in 3°C difference in your cpu temperature? I think your loop have some other problems.
In normal systems you have to increase the flow rate +80% to get a 3°C better performance - not 5%.

Sonntag, 29. November 2015, 00:32

I think your loop have some other problems.

Frankly, so do I. I'm waiting for my Aquacomputer flow sensor to arrive; let's just hope it works better than poweradjust. :|