• 18.04.2024, 17:04
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquaero 5 (LT) + Laing DDC Pump

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2015, 17:42

Hello,
I purchased an Aquaero 5 LT with the purpose of connecting it to a Laing DDC-3.25. From different sources on Internet, I was aware of the problem of needed power compared to the fan channels on the Aquaero.
So, I purchased :
* its radiator
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2692
* the connection cable :
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2345
So, it is time to prepare the connection, but I don't want to do mistakes and have my Aquaero fried.

At present, I don't know which element is to be connected to each other. For example, I suppose that the 4-pins Molex (connector 2 on the photograph which is 2-pins, actually) is to be connected to the PSU in order to provide enough power. Then, which connector is to be connected to the 3 pins header (fan channel) on the AQ5 for the pump control ? Is there an additional preparation or purchase to do ?
I read the different subjects in the forum, without having a clear answer about this topic. Thanks for your support !

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2015, 20:45

That cable is meant to be used so the Aquaero powers and control the pump.
You plug pump molex and fan header into 2 and 3, then the other end into the Aquaero.

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2015, 21:29

Sorry, but the pump has only one 3-pins cable (as a fan, for example). It has no additional Molex header which could be plugged onto header number 2.
Moreover, if I had to plug the pump on headers 2 and 3, then to plug header 4 onto fan header on the AQ5, what is the interest of the cable ? I could plug directly on AQ5. :S

What is your advice ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kyle XY« (30. Dezember 2015, 21:32)

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2015, 22:36

They should add more description as to what that cable is compatible with and what the cable does exactly.

I would wait and see if we can get a response from a AQ rep.

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2015, 22:41

I carried on my researches until having elements for an answer.
I saw this tutorial :
http://www.serifwebresources.com/phpBB2m…&forumid=872280
(by the way, I thank the author of this post :thumbup: )
then a particular model of DDC :
http://www.docmicro.com/watercooling_pom…s-10W_4642.html
ok ok...
So, it could explain the different types of headers, different from my only one 3-pin connector.
However, I still do not understand why the famous connection cable (ref 53053) could bring something special, given that... it is not connected to the PSU and finally all energy comes only from the 3-pin fan header of the AQ5. :wacko:
I need advices, in particular from Aquacomputer staff if they read my message ! :whistling:
If I attempt to directly connect the pump on the AQ5 on one of its channel fan, what would be the consequence for the AQ5 ?

Edit : Ooops, GTX. I didn't see your message before posting. Thanks for your answer. :thumbup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kyle XY« (30. Dezember 2015, 22:43)

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2015, 22:59

Yeah, just be careful when you're not sure. I've heard others say that these things are capable of being destroyed if not connected properly so I would honestly wait.

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2015, 23:04

Indeed...
Specifications give a nominal power consumption of 18W for the pump, while Aquaero fan ports are supposed to give a maximum of 19.8 W. At the pump start, the current is supposed to be larger than the 18W (but how much ?). :S
I could connect it on a 4-pin Molex of the PSU through an adaptor, but I would loose any way to control the pump speed... and the interest of the AQ.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kyle XY« (30. Dezember 2015, 23:05)

Mittwoch, 30. Dezember 2015, 23:25

After review of specifications for other models, DDC 3.2 pump with the Molex header and the tacho header needs also 18W, as DDC-1 Plus which has also these connectors.
So, my DDC 3.25 could be supported by the AQ ? That's the question.
For information :
http://documentlibrary.xylemappliedwater…2/07/BR-23A.pdf

At last, in case of exchanging the pump, how to connect a DDC 3.2 PWM ? Shall we use the same adaptor and which way ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kyle XY« (31. Dezember 2015, 01:10)

Sonntag, 3. Januar 2016, 22:58

Huge amount of answers from Aquacomputer staff. Impressive...
:|

Sonntag, 3. Januar 2016, 23:37

Was it not any holiday where you are? :?:

Montag, 4. Januar 2016, 10:37

Bah Humbug!

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2016, 03:37

That adaptor cable with the molex 4 pin and 3 pin fn connector is simple deigned to change devices that have two seperate connectors (like most normal Laing pumps) for power input and RPM output, into a single 3 pin fan connector. The pump you have seems to already be a simple 3 pin so the cable just isn't needed.

If you want to run that pump from the Aquaero at near full 12V it won't be a problem but if you want to really lower its speed it will warm up the Aquaero fast. The poweradjust is really designed for pumps like the DDC.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (7. Januar 2016, 04:01)

Sonntag, 10. Januar 2016, 10:31

Before posting my message, I checked that some Aquacomputer members logged on. It was the case.
Holidays ended 7 days ago but anyway...
Fortunately, Aquacomputer users are still here to help each other. :rolleyes: I thank all of you.

Jackusonfire's answer is complete.
So, to summarize for any reader, adaptor cable Ref 53053 is useful if you have a Laing DDC like model DDC-1T.
Indeed, Jack, I was thinking about lowering the pump speed but having in mind the amount of heat the Aquaero would have to dissipate. Also, I return the pump in order to have the PWM version. The power will be plugged directly on the PSU, while the Aquaero will have only to manage the speed.

Sonntag, 10. Januar 2016, 11:47

Here's the next problem. The AQ 5 doesn't support PWM. Only the AQ 6.

Sonntag, 10. Januar 2016, 15:37

The aquaero 5 can be configured to support one PWM output on fan 4, the 4-pin connector.
From section 4.3. Connector “Fan 1/2/3/4” of the manual:

Zitat

Special feature “Fan 4”: This connector can be used for conventional fans
or PWM controlled fans. For PWM fans, select “Outputs” → “Fans” → “Fan
4” from the menu and set “Control mode” to “PWM controlled”.

Sonntag, 10. Januar 2016, 15:40

The aquaero 5 can be configured to support one PWM output on fan 4, the 4-pin connector.
From section 4.3. Connector “Fan 1/2/3/4” of the manual:

Zitat

Special feature “Fan 4”: This connector can be used for conventional fans
or PWM controlled fans. For PWM fans, select “Outputs” → “Fans” → “Fan
4” from the menu and set “Control mode” to “PWM controlled”.

Oh wow, I had no clue. Thank you for pointing this out.

I know I was told many times in the past that they didn't by randoms folks all the way to actual users but you're always learning something new everyday.

Sonntag, 10. Januar 2016, 15:52

Gtx you may be thinking once its been slaved,when thats done ,then theres no pwm available...

Sonntag, 17. Januar 2016, 13:36

I wish I got a dollar for ever time I see this question..

The cable is perfect for any fan port on either the 5LT or the PowerAdjust when managing DDC pumps.

I run two DDC pumps with this cable and have tested on both 5LT and the PowerAdjust. I in fact use 2 x PowerAdjusts to manage each individual pump for the pump itself, water temp and flow meter.

It works perfectly to manage the RPMs of the pump. :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »avictord« (17. Januar 2016, 13:42)

Sonntag, 17. Januar 2016, 18:50

Ok. Which model of DDC pump do you have ?