• 24.04.2024, 05:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

ttrianon

Aquasuite USB problem / Finally not fixed :(

Sonntag, 3. Januar 2016, 21:53

Hi,

First at all, Happy New Year 2016!

I am a new Aquaero user. I recently bought and installed an Aquaero 6 XT.
I use it to control the speed of 8 fans (I use Aida 64 and the Aquaero USB connection to monitor and control the fans).

There is a random problem with USB that I try to identify.
For an unknown reason after the load of windows and of aquasuite software I lose sometimes all my USB devices (including Mouse, Keyboard). The only action possible is to shut down the computer (using the physical button of my tower). Once I rebooted, sometimes everything is OK, sometimes not and I have to shut down the computer again.
When aquasuite loads properly, everything is fine.

Could you please let me know if you already experienced such a bug?
My motherboard is a x79 board (asus rampage 4), running windows 10 64.
The aquaero is flashed with the latest firmware and I use the aquasuite software version 2015-9.

NB: I can use my mouse and Keyboard without any problem in the bios.
NB: I never experienced this problem before the Aquaero 6 XT installation.

Many Thanks for your help ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ttrianon« (4. Januar 2016, 17:59)

Sonntag, 3. Januar 2016, 23:01

Make sure the right wires are tied to the USB header on the MB and the AQ.

Also, are you using a USB extender or is each USB device individually connected to the MB?

ttrianon

Sonntag, 3. Januar 2016, 23:11

Hi GTXJackBauer,

Thanks for your answer.

Indeed, I am using a USB extender to connect the Aquaero.
I will try to connect the USB cable without extender tomorrow.

By the way, I will check if the wires are tied to the USB header on the MB and the AQ.

Montag, 4. Januar 2016, 04:54

The aquaero is very sensitive to USB "noise". Check your cables and connectors for flaky connections and make sure all plugs are solidly seated.
Also, do NOT connect your USB or aquabus cables with the system powered up. At best you may have to delete the profiles in aquasuite and at worst...

ttrianon

Montag, 4. Januar 2016, 14:19

Hello GTXJackBauer and InfoSeeker,

It seems that the problem was linked to the USB extender.
Everything seems to work flawlessly now

Many thanks for your help!

Problem finally not fixed :(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ttrianon« (4. Januar 2016, 17:58)

Montag, 4. Januar 2016, 15:01

I'm using a NZXT USB extender as I only have one MB USB header unfortunately and have no issues with the extender fully used with the AQ 6 XT.

Nonetheless, glad its working out for you.

ttrianon

Montag, 4. Januar 2016, 15:58

Ok... Weird...
May be the extender I used was faulty...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ttrianon« (4. Januar 2016, 17:52)

ttrianon

Montag, 4. Januar 2016, 17:52

Everything is well connected and solidly seated / No USB extender.
Really weird...

Montag, 4. Januar 2016, 21:49

Everything is well connected and solidly seated / No USB extender.
Really weird...

Though I am way out of my league here, I will espouse two thoughts...

1. Is the USB cable shield grounded/connected? According to this discussion the purpose of the cable shield is to protect other devices from the USB cable's EMI, but it could go either way.

2. Less likely in a typical system, but per this article's commandment VIII ensue the ground potential is the same as the aquaero power source.

If you have any questions, hopefully some smart people will jump in.

Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2016, 11:38

Was the USB extender powered? How many devices were connected to it?

Which header are you connected to now? Have you tried using the other one? (If in USB11/12, use USB9/10 or vice versa.)

Don't know if the Asus boards actually ground pin 10, but ensure you're using the 5-pin side of the header and not the 4-pin. That NC/ground pin may help if you're not already using that.

Assuming you're using this cable...k-header-ext-50cm.jpg

ttrianon

Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2016, 23:30

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help and sorry for this late answer.

@ InfoSeeker

To be really fair, I am not very keen in ground stuff...
I followed the installation guide and connected the AQ as it should be.
The ground connector is supposed to be connected if you connect the 5-pin
connector to the header... Am I correct?

I never had any problem with my rig before the AQ installation.

@ Railgun

I already removed the USB extender (it is exactly the one you listed).
So the problem was not linked to the extender.
My board is an Asus x79 one.
I confirm that I am using the 5-pin side of the header and not the 4-pin.
As you suggested I am now trying another USB header.

I will keep you posted.

NB:
I have the feeling that my problem is software related as it appears randomly.
Sometimes everything start flawlessly, sometime I have to shut down my computer to get rid of it.
Once again this is really weird :cursing:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »ttrianon« (6. Januar 2016, 23:31)

KBO

Montag, 11. Januar 2016, 20:21

Happy new year. I'm fairly new around here but I have a suggestion I hope might help you. Some sleep states on a computer will activate when you leave it for a short amount of time, we don't see this because it has no visual representation.

Could you go into Device Manager in the control panel. Select Universal Serial Bus controllers. Right click each entry and click properties.

For each of the USB devices with a properties tab for Power Management untick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" click ok for each.

Then go to Mice and other pointing devices and Keyboards. Visit the properties tab for each device. For those that have Power Management tabs, tick "Allow this device to wake the computer" and click ok.

Another thing you could try is go to your control panel. Find the power options. It should have a balanced power plan recommended by default. Click Change Plan Settings then on the new page Change Advanced Power Settings. A tab called Power Options will appear

Open up the + sign next to USB settings then open up the + sign next to USB selective Suspend Setting. Change the setting to disabled, click apply etc etc.

In the bios there are usually power options to wake the computer. I don't think this is relevant in your case but you could also make sure that the computer is set to wake from s3/s4/s5 etc from USB devices.

ttrianon

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2016, 20:46

Hello KBO,

Thanks for your answer.
FYI the problem is still occuring, but rarely...

This is really odd (I just hope my AQ is not defective).

I will try your suggestions and keep you posted.