• 07.05.2024, 18:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Enser

AC site in German regardless of profile language

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2016, 00:09

Question:I set my profile language to English, but the site is still in German....
Is there a way to read and use the site if you don't know German?
Without Google translate I wouldn't be able to get to support forms, RMA forms, etc. =/

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Enser« (7. Januar 2016, 02:11)

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2016, 14:50

Are you blocking site cookies?

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 01:21

I have the same issue,still working on a solution.

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 01:23

You get the option for English once you enter the "Shop", otherwise you're stuck reading German.

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 01:55

so how do you go about changing it?

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 02:12

so how do you go about changing it?
Top right corner. You'll see the British flag.

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 02:18

do you mean ''my profile''?

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 02:56

do you mean ''my profile''?
Aquacomputer.com ----> Shop Tab ----> Top Right Corner are 2 flags. One German and One English

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 04:55

ahh i see where were misunderstanding each other
your changing the store language where i wanted to change it to english to read the german related forums rather than having to translate.

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 09:25

ahh i see where were misunderstanding each other
your changing the store language where i wanted to change it to english to read the german related forums rather than having to translate.

So just so we're clear. You're in the English forum for a German company, but you want the non English forums that are in German...in English?

Dude...really?

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 10:07

No, i think he wants the flavor text of the RAM-Form in English.
The is non, fill it in English as best you can, the support check back if something is unclear.

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 15:25

The point is that he has to use a translator to fill the RMA form I guess. Thats what a bit annoying for him I think.
And jeah right, the english translation is only avaiable for the shop... AQ should make the whole Site in english too because if the worldwide customers.

But can't you let translate the Site by your browser?

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 15:45

No, i think he wants the flavor text of the RAM-Form in English.
The is non, fill it in English as best you can, the support check back if something is unclear.

The point is that he has to use a translator to fill the RMA form I guess. Thats what a bit annoying for him I think.
And jeah right, the english translation is only avaiable for the shop... AQ should make the whole Site in english too because if the worldwide customers.

But can't you let translate the Site by your browser?

He said...

Zitat

where i wanted to change it to english to read the german related forums rather than having to translate.

So unless he meant forms and not forums...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (8. Januar 2016, 15:46)

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 17:07

Maybe thats correct and he means both. Could be that he wants to read the "Support" Site aswell as the german threads in this forum.

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 18:07

Id like to go into the german forums and read without having to use a translator,when in german id have to randomly pick a topic and read while just guessing if that topic addresses my concerns.
id much rather read issues rather than have to make a thread and....just wait for an answer thats already been ask elsewhere.

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 18:17

What browser do you use? Maybe you can use an Add-on for it that could translate this site.

Enser

Freitag, 8. Januar 2016, 21:39

Yeah, I was using RMA and Support forms as an example of something that would be good to be multilingual. Its not necessarily hard to hash out what these forms mean, but that does take guesswork and requires assumption...
Getting the entire forum board multilingual would be great as well, rather than just a big English bucket for all issues, discussions, etc. Like a .us TLD for example for us English/non-German speakers. Have seen this done on many sites based around the world.

Regardless, these are minor quibbles- AC makes some awesome stuff so my money will continue to flow to them (pun intended) as it has over the years. :)