• 26.04.2024, 10:38
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Samstag, 30. Januar 2016, 13:51

@ Kyle XY
Acrylic tubing is really easy to maintain, it stays as clean as day one, and bending is not that hard. white heat gun an silicon insert.
Kind Regards
YouTube channel

Sonntag, 31. Januar 2016, 09:17

Very well :love:

The major risk in such an assembly is to do a mistake in the evaluation of length and angles. It does not bear inaccuracy. :S You can loose a significant length of tubing.
Tygon tubing is more permissive...

I found a part of tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqCWPidf9jA
What is the kind of material the guy put inside the rigid tubing when he tries to bend it ? Does rigid tubing need specific fittings ?

Sonntag, 31. Januar 2016, 10:03

I've also heard of rigid tubing cracking. Specifically the angled ones. Not worth the headache atm for me personally as soft tubing has been easy to work with, with a very tight seal. ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (31. Januar 2016, 10:04)

Sonntag, 31. Januar 2016, 12:48

Very well :love:

The major risk in such an assembly is to do a mistake in the evaluation of length and angles. It does not bear inaccuracy. :S You can loose a significant length of tubing.
Tygon tubing is more permissive...

I found a part of tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqCWPidf9jA
What is the kind of material the guy put inside the rigid tubing when he tries to bend it ? Does rigid tubing need specific fittings ?

The easy answers:

Yea, you need different fittings.

You use a length of silicone so it doesn't crimp on you when bending.

This is definitely a case of measure twice (or eight times) cut once (or in my case, cut once, re-measure, trim the cut, measure again...toss the piece and start over).

I went through 2.5 full kits to get what I've got done. So yeah... The one odd s-bend was a pain. It can be made a lot better, but I'm pleased enough with my first go. The first two WC setups were tygon. Yeah, easier, but IMHO, and this is purely subjective, not as neat.

As for cracking, it depends on how much out of alignment your runs are. My setup is maybe a year old and nothing was really out of whack so...fingers crossed.

Once I get my new GPUs, some pieces will obviously need to be redone depending on where the cooler's fittings are located.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (31. Januar 2016, 12:50)