• 23.04.2024, 15:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

hadri

PWM Pump & Aquaero Start Up

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2016, 15:14

Hi all,

First time posting on this forum - I've posted the below on the OCUK forums,

I have a two loop WC build ran from PWM D5 pumps. The pumps are powered
direct from the PSU and controlled from my MB fan headers via my bios
fan control, running at a constant 100% speed.

I also have an aquaero 6 controlling fans, monitoring temps and most
importantly in this situation, monitoring flow rate on the aquabus which
is set to execute an emergency shutdown if the flow on either loop
drops.

OK so everything was happy days until last night when I tried to fiddle
with lowering the pump speeds. To cut a long story short, when running
on max, the MB disables PWM control (it actually states this too), but
when I lower it to anything other than 100%, it activates PWM. I can set
the pumps to an acceptable speed below the aquaero's emergency limit
BUT when I start up or reset, the MB presumably stops sending a PWM
signal to the pumps for a few seconds. I can hear the pumps spin down,
max out, then drop down to their set limit.

Unfortunately, this is enough time to trigger the aquaero alarm. From
what I can see, the aquaero software has an option to suspend all alarms
for x seconds on a boot up BUT not a reset.

There are no spare PWN fan channels on the aquaero. I could free up one without too much hassle, but before I do:

Options:

1: Can a MB maintain its PWM signal output during a reset?

2: Does the aquaero aquasuite software indeed have an option to ignore alarms on a reset as well as power on?

3: Not my favorite, but would aquasuite D5 pumps, controlled via aquaero aquabus fix all problems?

Thanks

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2016, 16:54

1.) I do not even understand the problem here. According to Intels PWM specifications the pumps should immediately start to run at full speed as soon as the PWM signal is not present anymore.

2.) Not possible because the aquaero does not know when you do a reset nor is there a way to trigger this because for the aquaero nothing changes when you perform a reset: the power is there all the time.

3.) Will solve the problem for sure.

hadri

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2016, 17:16

Thanks for your reply, it encouraged me to think of it another way and I think this may be the reason:

https://community.futuremark.com/forum/showthread.php?182990-For-those-of-you-guys-using-a-D5-PWM-pump

When the pump loses signal, it defaults to 60%, not 100. As I mistakenly brought the mps400 sensors, they can only sense 80l/hr min and I suspect at 60% power, it might be just enough to go below this flow rate and read as zero.

I'll report back after some testing.

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2016, 18:54

When the PWM pumps are connected to a motherboard that is powered down the PWM signal is grounded out completely so the pump actually runs at minimum speed rather than the 60% PWM speed you get when the cable is disconnected.

hadri

Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2016, 08:55

Ah that's interesting, thanks for your reply.... I'm not sure that's correct but I'll give it a go and report back. My thoughts are when I set the pump to 100% in my MB fan control, it reports saying "PWM disabled" and the pump runs 100% all the time

Otherwise its a case of buying a more sensitive flow sensor (not using them is not an option) or just leave the pump running 100%.

First world problems!

EDIT

Out of curiosity, can you modify a mps400 to a mps200??

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »hadri« (21. Januar 2016, 09:04)

Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2016, 12:54

No, would only work into the other direction (200 to 400) and requires a precise modification of the inner diameter.

hadri

Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2016, 13:41

Thought so thanks.

One more question, if I ran both pumps from an aquaero fan header, would the PWM signal get interrupted during a reset like the mobo does, or would the aquaero maintain it?

Freitag, 22. Januar 2016, 08:44

A rest will have no effect here because the quaero runs independently from the PC system. Nothing changes with the aquaero when you perform a reset so nothing changes for the pumps too of course.

hadri

Dienstag, 26. Januar 2016, 09:39

Jackson, you were correct, the pumps do indeed spin down below 60% when the PWM signal is lost. I'll just run them at 100%, my flow rate is 0.66 GPM anyway!

Dienstag, 26. Januar 2016, 18:58

Jackson, you were correct, the pumps do indeed spin down below 60% when the PWM signal is lost. I'll just run them at 100%, my flow rate is 0.66 GPM anyway!
Why is your flow that low with 2 pumps? Are your pumps in serial configuration?

hadri

Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2016, 08:44

Hi,

It's two separate loops, so each loop has just one pump. I'm guessing it's the sheer amount of resistance, CPU loop has 6 blocks and one quad rad, GPU loop has 3 blocks, one quad and one dual rad. Each loop also has an aqua computer filter (I don't think that makes much difference tbh)

Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2016, 14:14

Holy Dooly

6 blocks is quite the CPU loop ... Lol. Mostly when people say CPU loop they mean just CPU.

I'm gonna test those filters one day because I'm suspicious that they may cause more restriction than it may seem

hadri

Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2016, 14:38

Ha yea, I know it's completely pointless, but I also cool the MB (2 blocks), RAM (2 blocks) and aquaero (1 block). And of course the CPU itself!