• 20.04.2024, 02:48
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

ramplex RAM-cooler

Samstag, 23. Januar 2016, 16:30

http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2786

"The cooler fits DDR-, DDR2- and DDR3-modules with or
without heat spreaders and is able to cool up to three modules at the
same time"

What type of heat spreader are we talking?
The small version like Crucial uses? http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/memory-ddr4-info
Or big once like HyperX Predator? http://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/memory/predator-ddr4

It might not make much sense to use them on heat spreaders, but its just to ensure the heat spreaders gets enough cooling, as the case might be a little stuffed.
Plus it help with the look, as most things in the system will be water cooled.

Also, can I use 2 of them side by side, on 4 ram sticks?

Samstag, 23. Januar 2016, 20:05

The heatspreader should be flat and not cover the upper edge of the module. In your first link the last one seems to be OK.

The module from the second link will not work.

Two cooling blocks next to each other will usually work.

Samstag, 23. Januar 2016, 22:03

The heatspreader should be flat and not cover the upper edge of the module. In your first link the last one seems to be OK.

The module from the second link will not work.

Two cooling blocks next to each other will usually work.
If that is the criteria, so do I guess these are my only choice:

Samstag, 23. Januar 2016, 22:07

Is the top plate (with text) removable?
Or can I replace the black part with plexi?

Samstag, 23. Januar 2016, 22:24

Mhh, that viewing angle shows that the silver applications seem to stick out from the gray ground surface. Not really perfect because you will have to use a soft thermal pad to settle this.

The stainless steel plate is glued and can be only removed with some force. It is likely that you will damage (scratches etc.) the top when you try to remove it.

How do you want to replace the black top? You would need the same or at least a similar part again to make the block work :D

Sonntag, 24. Januar 2016, 02:22

Mhh, that viewing angle shows that the silver applications seem to stick out from the gray ground surface. Not really perfect because you will have to use a soft thermal pad to settle this.

The stainless steel plate is glued and can be only removed with some force. It is likely that you will damage (scratches etc.) the top when you try to remove it.

How do you want to replace the black top? You would need the same or at least a similar part again to make the block work :D
Was thinking that I could remove the text plate or replace the top cover to show liquid, as every other block in the system does.

But it seems that I cant find a ram that I can buy, that fits this block, when the heat sink is on.
So guess I will just skip it then. Its mainly for looks anyway.