• 26.04.2024, 03:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Leak/water sensor and Aquearo

Freitag, 5. Februar 2016, 06:13

Can you connect a 2-pin water sensor to the Aquero and have Aquasuite raise an alarm on closed contact? I would have thought this would be a sensor from Aqua Computer but a search on these forums doesn't mention anyone using Aquero for leak sensor. I want to get rid of my Koolance 3-sensor leak detector ideally.

Thank you.

Freitag, 5. Februar 2016, 13:50

Would only work if your sensor shorts or opens the two pin connection of a temperature sensor port. In this case you would add a 10kOhm resistor to the line so you get a fake temperature of about 25°C which will be uses as base value and will not trigger an alarm. As soon as the signal becomes invalid (shorted or open) it will trigger the alarm.

Freitag, 5. Februar 2016, 18:52

Ok thanks. That makes sense.

On a related topic, I am using all flat-black fittings and the AQ in-line G1/4 water temp fitting is not. Are other company's in-line water temp sensors "plug and play" with aquaero or do I have to use only yours. I guess I can tuck it out of the way.
Suggestions to product management: many vendors are moving in the direction of 4-5 colors for every fitting. They look great; not sure if they all sell well though.

Thank you for the continued advice.

Montag, 8. Februar 2016, 12:24

Other temperature sensors must use a 10kOhm NTC to be compatible.