• 18.04.2024, 19:00
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Need some advice on Aquabus/USB/FLOW SENSOR and FARBWERK

Freitag, 5. Februar 2016, 16:47

Hello,

I have been building a custom water cooled system for sometime and need a refresher on the best method on hooking up the system components I have assembled
from Aquacomputer. Parts have been sitting around while life got in the way...

Components:

Aquaero 6 XT USB
2 x 53129 High Flow USB (I have 2 independent loops in my system, one for each loop. D5 Vario Pumps)
1 x Farbwerk USB
1 x aquabus Y cable
2 x aquabus extensions

Questions.

1. Do I need to connect the High Flow Sensors via USB First and configure them in Aquasuite before I connect them to Aquabus -> Aquero 6?
Or can I just connect them to the Aquaero 6 via aquabus and configure them there?

2. Originally I planned on connecting the 2 High flow USB sensors via a Y cable to the Aquabus High Port on the Aquaero 6.
Can a connect the Farbwerk to the Aquabus Low port on the Aquaero 6 or do I need to get another Y cable?

3. There are 2 aquabus ports on the Farbwerk. Can I use one of these as a pass through?

4. I planned on connecting the Vario Pump Tach cables to the CPU and OPT fan headers on my motherboard (Asus Maximus VI)
Will the Aquaero Software suite be able to monitor this? (Currently all 4 fan header ports are in use.)

Thanks!

RE: Need some advice on Aquabus/USB/FLOW SENSOR and FARBWERK

Freitag, 5. Februar 2016, 18:05

Hello,

I have been building a custom water cooled system for sometime and need a refresher on the best method on hooking up the system components I have assembled
from Aquacomputer. Parts have been sitting around while life got in the way...

Components:

Aquaero 6 XT USB
2 x 53129 High Flow USB (I have 2 independent loops in my system, one for each loop. D5 Vario Pumps)
1 x Farbwerk USB
1 x aquabus Y cable
2 x aquabus extensions

Questions.

1. Do I need to connect the High Flow Sensors via USB First and configure them in Aquasuite before I connect them to Aquabus -> Aquero 6?
Or can I just connect them to the Aquaero 6 via aquabus and configure them there?

2. Originally I planned on connecting the 2 High flow USB sensors via a Y cable to the Aquabus High Port on the Aquaero 6.
Can a connect the Farbwerk to the Aquabus Low port on the Aquaero 6 or do I need to get another Y cable?

3. There are 2 aquabus ports on the Farbwerk. Can I use one of these as a pass through?

4. I planned on connecting the Vario Pump Tach cables to the CPU and OPT fan headers on my motherboard (Asus Maximus VI)
Will the Aquaero Software suite be able to monitor this? (Currently all 4 fan header ports are in use.)

Thanks!

1. USB first via software

2. The low port aquabus is pretty much useless. You can chain everything to be plugged into the high aquabus.

3. You could use both to chain one device to another till it reaches the AQ.

4. Only D5s that work with the AQ, are the AQ pumps themselves otherwise you'll need to do a mod to make the pump work. Because its a vario, I'm not sure if that is possible of being controlled via AQ even if it were AQ. If you don't have enough room, just use the CPU fan headers for the readings and add it to the Aquasuite via 3rd party.

Freitag, 5. Februar 2016, 20:09

Thanks alot for the notes and info.

Regarding 3rd party software, could you give me a clue as to which piece of software?
I don't really want to control the pump speed, I just want to monitor it.

Freitag, 5. Februar 2016, 21:50

Thanks alot for the notes and info.

Regarding 3rd party software, could you give me a clue as to which piece of software?
I don't really want to control the pump speed, I just want to monitor it.
There are only three 3rd party programs that work with the aquasuite. HWiNFO, AIDA and HWMonitor. In my experience, HWiNFO seems to work best for me personally.