• 25.04.2024, 03:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquasuite and Multi GPU systems.

Samstag, 20. Februar 2016, 02:30

Hi all,

I have a HD7990, x2 card. Whenever I load Aquasuite, it wakes the 2nd GPU. AMD cant help me yet I think its there problem. Windows could also be the issue. I'm wondering what it could be with that software that makes either the OS or the driver think its in any way a 3D application?

Is anyone else experiencing this at all, I have had it like this for a number of years. I thought Aquasuite was software rendered. And sorry if this is nothing to do with Aquasuite, I cant find any answers anywhere. I would like the use some overview pages, but technically having 2 GPUs on this is just tipping small change down the drain in energy. I may have to hound AMD some more?

Thanks for reading.

EDIT:
Just checked out the default Overview Page after this latest update. My jaw just hit the floor, very nice :D I might be able to tolerate this slight GPU noise and heat increase.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »tomtalk24« (20. Februar 2016, 02:53)

RE: Aquasuite and Multi GPU systems.

Mittwoch, 24. Februar 2016, 10:21

I'm wondering what it could be with that software that makes either the OS or the driver think its in any way a 3D application?

Because it is ;) The overview pages or chart elements for example are processed by the graphics card because otherwise it would cause a much higher CPU load. This is done automatically by the .NET framework and can not be adjusted. Your only hope would be a new graphic driver version that handles this in a more useful way.

Sonntag, 20. März 2016, 04:37

Have you ever gone to look for your phone when your using it? Your answer made me feel like that :) Thats me cutting down :huh:
Yeah I remember now back at college I messed about with some virtual software monitors for iPads etc and toyed with aquasuite. Wow, forgot all that haha

Okay cool, started a discussion on the AMD forums. Ironic the effort put into designing and building an efficient rig with optimal cooling all autonomously managed to offer maximum performance with minimal noise. Only to have a driver wake all your GPUs because you want to monitor your systems cooling. Only AMD :D thanks man.