• 28.04.2024, 00:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquaero 5 NOT Connecting to Computer/Recognized by Aquasuite

Donnerstag, 24. März 2016, 13:35

I just recently got done building my water cooling computer, and I had everything connected to the aquaero except the USB. I have 3 radiators, (two 2x120mm EK Vardur, one 1x80mm Noise blocker), a pump (swiftech mcp35x (not power, just flow control via 4-pin)), and some LED's. The aquaero worked great when I booted up the pc, all fans spun, LED's worked, etc., but when I tried to plug in the USB cable from the aquaero into my internal usb header on my mobo, I went in the aquasuite and it didn't "see" the device. I made sure the orientation was right, it wasn't, so I plugged it in with the black cord on the side with the missing pin, and still... nothing. I'm just wondering if I need some driver that I haven't downloaded yet either for the aquaero or the motherboard. (I am using a Gigabyte X99m - Gaming5)

Let me know if I can fix this. I hope I didn't fry my USB cable.

Thanks! :)

Donnerstag, 24. März 2016, 16:19

hopefully you didnt fry the aquaero usb . I power down psu and unplug from wall disconnect the usb cable reseat it and plug psu and turn back on. If that doesnt help go into bios and make sure usbs are enabled. The plug caught me off to as it is backwards from the usb cable that comes from the front of my case

Donnerstag, 24. März 2016, 21:02

hopefully you didnt fry the aquaero usb . I power down psu and unplug from wall disconnect the usb cable reseat it and plug psu and turn back on. If that doesnt help go into bios and make sure usbs are enabled. The plug caught me off to as it is backwards from the usb cable that comes from the front of my case
+1

I also hope you didn't fry anything either. Make sure you plug the USB cable to the USB header on the MB correctly. When doing these things, have the power switch on the PSU off. The AQ stays on when the PC is off because the USB 5v is continuously on on some MBs. Some have the option of turning it off and others don't. Just make sure to have the PSU completely off.

Also, how many LEDs are there connected and where have you connected them? The AQ can only handle a single LED light and the farbwerk is used to connect 5050 LEDs.

Donnerstag, 24. März 2016, 22:47

+1

I also hope you didn't fry anything either. Make sure you plug the USB cable to the USB header on the MB correctly. When doing these things, have the power switch on the PSU off. The AQ stays on when the PC is off because the USB 5v is continuously on on some MBs. Some have the option of turning it off and others don't. Just make sure to have the PSU completely off.

Also, how many LEDs are there connected and where have you connected them? The AQ can only handle a single LED light and the farbwerk is used to connect 5050 LEDs.
I reseated the USB from the motherboard with the PSU off, and again nothing happened. I actually removed my LED's and connected them via molex, I had 2 LED's connected to a splitter PCB connected to the "fan" output on the aquaero because the LED's wouldn't turn on connected to the "LED" output. Should I also reseat the cable from the aquaero? The reason I say this is that my back panel is screwed on so I want to avoid unnecessary work if possible. I just ran a stress test and my 5820k does not go above 40 degrees, and the fans aren't too loud, but I still want to get this thing working so I can mess around in the software. I will check my BIOS to make sure the internal USB's are enabled. Thanks for the support everyone! :)

Donnerstag, 24. März 2016, 23:08

My BIOS says that the internal USB's are enabled.