• 18.04.2024, 16:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Temp sensor with longer cable needed.

Sonntag, 10. April 2016, 04:23

I need a temp sensor with a longer cable than this one. During my research, I recall seeing this same temp sensor with a 100cm cable, however, I can't seem to locate it now. Performance only has the sensor with 60cm cable. Does Aquacomputer sell this sensor with a longer cable? Is there an extension cable? Can I use another sensor with the AQ6?

Thanks
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Sonntag, 10. April 2016, 05:04

Just purchase 2-pin MB extension cables . That's what I did when I needed longer cables from my past projects.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (10. April 2016, 05:07)

Dienstag, 12. April 2016, 08:09

Just purchase 2-pin MB extension cables . That's what I did when I needed longer cables from my past projects.
Thanks. I have a couple of those in my wish list, but was not sure as the description refers to fans. Also, I just know I saw that unit with the 100cm cable.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (12. April 2016, 08:11)

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Sonntag, 17. April 2016, 23:44

My suggestion is to cut the cable off leaving a couple of inches. Add the wire you need and crimp some new metal pins on. I avoid like the plague extensions because it's just another potential failure point. This way you could use whatever color wire you wanted and sleeve it with whatever color you like. I like evil red wire covered with black mesh sleeving. 8)

mechanic_2

unregistriert

Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2016, 07:59

Hello all,
Well I finally got in. I have not been able to log in correctly from FF. I had to use IE. Ugh! Has this been resolved. I make my own cables as suggested below. Works great.
Thanks,
rich!

My suggestion is to cut the cable off leaving a couple of inches. Add the wire you need and crimp some new metal pins on. I avoid like the plague extensions because it's just another potential failure point. This way you could use whatever color wire you wanted and sleeve it with whatever color you like. I like evil red wire covered with black mesh sleeving. 8)