• 16.04.2024, 10:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

D5 Pump Motor with USB aquabus issue no CPU fan

Sonntag, 10. April 2016, 11:18

Hey all,

just a quick question, not sure if I'm being an idiot or if my pump has issues.

I have the d5 usb pump, the usb cable plugged into my board, and the cable from the "aquabus" plugged into my cpu fan header but I keep on getting "CPU fan error" when I boot.

I know it's not my motherboard, as if I put another fan in it works.
I've had to use a fan extension cable to get the length from the pump to the mboard, but I know that's working as it works with other fans.

When I disable the warning, I can see the pump in Aquasuite fine, adjust the speed etc.

Any ideas?

Cheers

RE: D5 Pump Motor with USB aquabus issue no CPU fan

Sonntag, 10. April 2016, 11:37

Hey all,

I have the d5 usb pump, the usb cable plugged into my board, and the cable from the "aquabus" plugged into my cpu fan header but I keep on getting "CPU fan error" when I boot.

I've had to use a fan extension cable to get the length from the pump to the mboard, but I know that's working as it works with other fans.

When I disable the warning, I can see the pump in Aquasuite fine, adjust the speed etc.

Any ideas?

Cheers

You have two options with the pump connections. Either the USB or the Aquabus to the Aquabus high on the Aquaero. You're not suppose to plug in the cable from the Aquaero's aquabus to the MB. You might damage something but hopefully someone who knows or a rep can give a better answer to that.

RE: D5 Pump Motor with USB aquabus issue no CPU fan

Sonntag, 10. April 2016, 12:23

Hey all,

Any ideas?

Cheers

As GTXJack said, do NOT connect the aquabus cable to a Mobo Fan header.

If you do NOT have an aquaero installed on your system, you would connect the USB port to a mobo USB port, and use aquasuite to control the pump.
If your mobo supports shutting the system down from a CPU fan failure, you could connect the D5 TACHO port to your mobo CPU fan header, and using the alarm module control a faux fan RPM signal to the CPU fan header.

If you DO have an aquaero installed, you can also use the included 3-pin aquabus cable to connect the D5 AQUABUS port to the aquaero AQUABUS HIGH port, which then allows you to control the pump with an aquasuite controller.
And you may also move the connection from the D5 TACHO port to the aquaero RPM port for the same alarm control effect, but with a more extensive alarm module.
If you do use the aquabus connection, be sure to set the D5 pump to "Priority aquabus" on the pump's USB > System tab.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (10. April 2016, 12:25)

Sonntag, 10. April 2016, 12:36

So me being an idiot, I think i misread nams guide,

Cheers

Sonntag, 10. April 2016, 12:46

I do have an aquaero, so should I go

D5-> aquaero over aquabus cable
Aquaero rpm port - > mobo cpu fan header?

Then set up the alarm so mobo shuts down on low rpm?

Thanks again

blindfitter

unregistriert

Sonntag, 17. April 2016, 11:09

Hi All,

New here as by my first post, I'm in similar situation but without Aquaero at present.

The D5's i have 2 are plummed into a loop in series, (soon to change to 2 separate loops).

They both work pumping the water around the loop, and are quiet in operation, but thats all i can tell at present.

So what I have gleaned with google, and this thread it is possible to control the D5 usb by the following.

1. use a secondary windows computer with installed aqua-suite.

2. power D5's with 12vlots.

3. connect usb cable Red with triangle red on pump,and red on No1 of motherboard usb (on secondary computer)

4.with secondary computer now up and running with aqua-suite and d5's powered and running, aqua-suite will control D5's

I've read that speed control is available, is there anything else that can be performed.

with the pumps came 2 usb cables and only 1 aquabus 4 pole cable, Are the cables supplied when i purchase aquaero 6 pro? or do i just make one.

thanks for now, I'll more than likely be back with more questions.

David