• 06.06.2024, 01:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Ok, I spent 4 hours and I am still confused regarding part #53161

Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 01:23

I have been all over this forum and all over the namsreviewsandguides site and I am still really confused after so much time.

I would like someone to verify that I have this correct and that the information I cite for part number 53161 on the english shopping site (shop.aquacomputer.de) site is incorrectly worded. That may be the source of the problem.

I think I just need 1 more 3-pin cable (listed below after "what I want to do") but the 3-pin cable on the aquacomputer site says it is a 4-pin cable and has a different number than the 3-pin cable that came with the PA3.

What I want to do:

Connect Via USB and Aquabus the following:

--Aquero 6 XT
--Aquastream Ultimate
--Aqualis Reservoir with fill sensor USB
--2 Poweradjust 3 USB
--1 FarbWerk USB
--1 model 53129 High Flow water meter USB

I planned on connecting it the following way:

1. Aquastream Ultimate connected via USB and AC (Aquacomputer) 3-pin Y adapter #53063 to Aquabus "high" on back of Aquareo 6 XT. The "single" part of the Y is in the back of the Aquareo, splitting its one "high" port). 2 each of AC 3-pin 93111 will be needed for the two "arms" of the Y due to the "gender" issue if I got the picture right.
2. The other half of the Y goes to Poweradjust 3 USB #1 (see question below as to which is port #1 and does it matter in Aquabus) using AC 3-pin cable 93111.
3. Connect the second Aquabus port of PA #1 to PA #2 Aquabus port #1 using AC 3-pin cable 93111.
4. Connect the second Aquabus port of PA #2 to FarbWerk USB Aquabus port #1 using AC 3-pin cable 93111.
5. Connect the second Aquabus port of Farbwerk to the Aqualis flow level aquabus port using the 3-pin cable that came with the Aqualis.
6. Flow sensor is connected directly to the back of the Aquero 6 XT "flow" port (and USB).

I am using Aquabus and USB as Shoggy said in a thread that it makes for "A 4-pin connection cable can be still used for PSU-powered devices and sometimes it helps to prevent strange communication issues between devices. In other words: it is a bit more reliable." He said that about 4-pin Aquabus connections. I am assuming the same holds true with 3-pin connections plus I can controll everything from the Aquaero if for some reason the software is not working, right?

Now to my questions:

1. If I connect everything with USB and Aquabus as I have indicated, am I good?
2. On the Poweradjust and the Farbwerk, are the Aquabus port's interchangeable or is one "master" and one "slave?" I could not find a reference (or I missed it) and I wanted to make sure I cabled it right. If one takes priority, how do you tell?
3. I need a few more model number 93111 cables (came with the PA3USBs) but the only 3-pin cable on the AC shop is model number 53161 which looks like a 3-pin cable but is described as a 4-pin cable and says it supports the Poweradjust 2, not the 3 for Aquabus. I assume those are mistakes.
4. Does anyone know (since I have not received it yet), will the Farbwerk mount between my two AP3 USBs on the 5.25 mounting plate? Or is the FW meant to be mounted with double-sided tape?

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can help me correct any of this.

Here is the page that started the confusion for me:

shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3181

part number 53161, Aquabus/RPM signal cable. (3-pin, but the description says 4-pin and it lists only Poweradjust 2 as being supported for Aquabus.

Thank you very much.

--Jeffrey

Mittwoch, 27. April 2016, 13:00

The English description is wrong. It is a 3-pin cable as the title says and also the photos shows. Will be corrected with the next sync.

Of course it can be also used for any of our current devices. The list in the description just has not been updated since ages so it does not list everything that came later.

You worry way too much about the way how you connect everything. The aquabus is a real bus system so it does not matter how you connect everything as long as it is connected in some way (with the correct pin assignment of course). This also anwers the question about the aquabus port of the poweradjust and farbwerk - they are absolutely equal and share the same connection.

For the poweradjust, fill and flow sensor you will have to set different aquabus IDs first. This can be done in the system tab of the device when it is connected via USB.

The farbwerk uses the same mounts as the poweradjust so you can mix them like you want when using the bay drive cover.