• 25.04.2024, 19:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 6 & extras - wiring & setup help

Dienstag, 10. Mai 2016, 08:48

So I have a new Aquaero 6 I am adding to my custom desk case build and need some help on wiring it up.

My Asrock X99m Extreme4 has 4 USB 2.0 headers ports on the mobo - but 2 of them are 4 pin & the other two are 5 pin - but all of the USB cables that came with Aqua Computers hardware are all 5 pin USB - so do I want to plug the USB cables into the 4 pin or 5 pin slots? Does it matter?

A6 - there are 2 main cables that came with the A6 itself:

RPM signal cable - what is this for and where do I plug it in? (I see where to plug it in on the A6, just not sure what the other ends gets plugged into?)

5 pin USB cable - I only see one 5 pin port on the A6 so this goes directly to the USB header on the mobo then right?

MPS Flow 400:

Has an RPM signal cable

USB 5 pin cable - I assume the USB goes into the mobo too right?

This has a TEMP port on it - should I plug my 2 pin in-line G1/4 temp sensor in this port then or the A6 itself?

What about the 4 pin Aquabus port?

Alarm Port - do I plug the RPM cable into this? Then what on the A6?

The 5 pin USB port plugs into the mobo USB header, not the A6 right?

D5 Pumps:

I have two Aquacomputer D5 Pump Mechanics with RPM Signal- where do I want to plug these two RPM cables into on the A6?

Does this allow me to then control the speed of these pumps? They also have the manual setting on them and are both set to 2 - should I set them higher if I can control them via the software or just leave them on 2?

Fans:

I'm going to have 16 fans on this setup total - but I only see 4 fan ports on the A6 - so how do I connect all of these fans so the A6 can read/adjust their speed?

Farbwerk:

Has one 5 pin USB cable

I'm not 100% sure I'm going to use/need this.

I plan on having the inside of the case light up with UV LEDs that I can control on/off with a push button switch built into the case - so I don't think I need the Farbwerk for this for any reason right?

These are the UV LEDs I'm going to buy:

http://www.environmentallights.com/14904…40-10-reel.html

I will probably get the controllers that they offer for this line of LEDs - unless somehow I can link them to the Farberwrk but still be able to control them via the push button switch for on/off functions?

I do also plan on having RGB LEDs on the outside of the case - also controlled on/off with a push button switch (in case I want mood lighting without the computer on) and a separate power source so I can run them will the computer is off. I was just planning on also buying these from the environmental lighting company, unless I should/need to buy specific ones for the Farberwerk - but still being able to control them without the computer being on.

So once again I don't think I need the Farbwerk for this either do I?

If I do, what cable to I use to connect it to the A6 and where exactly would it plug into on it?

So all in all I will use 2 or 3 USB headers on my mobo depending on if I use the Farbwerk.

RE: Aquaero 6 & extras - wiring & setup help

Mittwoch, 11. Mai 2016, 23:48

So I have a new Aquaero 6 I am adding to my custom desk case build and need some help on wiring it up.

My Asrock X99m Extreme4 has 4 USB 2.0 headers ports on the mobo - but 2 of them are 4 pin & the other two are 5 pin - but all of the USB cables that came with Aqua Computers hardware are all 5 pin USB - so do I want to plug the USB cables into the 4 pin or 5 pin slots? Does it matter?
The fifth pin on the USB cable is for shielding and is not crucial except to stop electronic noise from being emitted from the cable.

A6 - there are 2 main cables that came with the A6 itself:

RPM signal cable - what is this for and where do I plug it in? (I see where to plug it in on the A6, just not sure what the other ends gets plugged into?)
The RPM signal is a signal generated by the aquaero that can be used to shut the motherboard down using the "Alarm Module" in aquasuite.
The motherboard must support CPU fan failure monitoring and it must be activated in BIOS.
The RPM cable would connect from the aquaero RPM port to the Motherboard CPU fan header.

5 pin USB cable - I only see one 5 pin port on the A6 so this goes directly to the USB header on the mobo then right?
Correct
You may want to employ an NZXT USB expansion module.

MPS Flow 400:

Has an RPM signal cable

USB 5 pin cable - I assume the USB goes into the mobo too right?
Correct

This has a TEMP port on it - should I plug my 2 pin in-line G1/4 temp sensor in this port then or the A6 itself?
No. plug all your temperature probes into the aquaero.
This temp sensor is for temp input in case the flow sensor is stand-alone, without an aquaero

What about the 4 pin Aquabus port?
The 4-pin aquabus port should be connected to the aquabus High port on the aquaero using a 4-pin aquabus cable, not the 3-pin aquabus cable.
This will allow you to use the flow rate with the alarm module in aquauite.

Alarm Port - do I plug the RPM cable into this? Then what on the A6?
NO - use the alarm port on the aquaero if you want to control the mobo shut down function.
Leave this port unused.

The 5 pin USB port plugs into the mobo USB header, not the A6 right?
Correct.

D5 Pumps:

I have two Aquacomputer D5 Pump Mechanics with RPM Signal- where do I want to plug these two RPM cables into on the A6?
The pump you linked does not have an RPM port.

Does this allow me to then control the speed of these pumps? They also have the manual setting on them and are both set to 2 - should I set them higher if I can control them via the software or just leave them on 2?
There are two option to control the speed of the linked pump.
1. set the Vario Control to one of 5 settings.
2. plug the pump into a fan controller on the aquaero 6 and use voltage to control the pump speed.
2a. if you control the pumps via a fan controller, yes, set them to 5.

Fans:

I'm going to have 16 fans on this setup total - but I only see 4 fan ports on the A6 - so how do I connect all of these fans so the A6 can read/adjust their speed?
Search for "fan splitter" on your vendor's website. The type of splitter matters de[ending on if the fans are PWM or voltage controlled.

EDIT: You will find the aqauero and MPS manuals very useful.

Farbwerk:
I have not used a Farbwerk, so I will let someone familiar with it reply.

Has one 5 pin USB cable

I'm not 100% sure I'm going to use/need this.

I plan on having the inside of the case light up with UV LEDs that I can control on/off with a push button switch built into the case - so I don't think I need the Farbwerk for this for any reason right?

These are the UV LEDs I'm going to buy:

http://www.environmentallights.com/14904…40-10-reel.html

I will probably get the controllers that they offer for this line of LEDs - unless somehow I can link them to the Farberwrk but still be able to control them via the push button switch for on/off functions?

I do also plan on having RGB LEDs on the outside of the case - also controlled on/off with a push button switch (in case I want mood lighting without the computer on) and a separate power source so I can run them will the computer is off. I was just planning on also buying these from the environmental lighting company, unless I should/need to buy specific ones for the Farberwerk - but still being able to control them without the computer being on.

So once again I don't think I need the Farbwerk for this either do I?

If I do, what cable to I use to connect it to the A6 and where exactly would it plug into on it?

So all in all I will use 2 or 3 USB headers on my mobo depending on if I use the Farbwerk.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (11. Mai 2016, 23:52)

Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2016, 09:39

The mentioned LED strips have a rating of 24V so you would also have to power the farbwerk with 24V to make them shine correctly. These LED strips also have a pretty huge power consumption per meter so take care that you stay within the limits of the farbwerk (2.5A per single color channel; 8A for the whole device).

If I understand you right you only want to switch these LED strips on and off. In this case I would only use a simple 24V PSU and add a switch to the connector cables.