• 16.04.2024, 12:38
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

using farbwerk to replicate the HDD led

Montag, 16. Mai 2016, 22:11

Hi, i bought a farbwerk to add to my aquaero system, and i wanted to replicate the hdd led illumintation on my farbwerk channel 1,
so to do that i connected the hdd led output to the farbwerk sensor1 input (connected the ground to the ground and the hddled plus pins from the motehr bord to the signal pins on the farbwerk)

then on the configuration i put 3.3V measurement and i put a range of color.

i did a test with a 1.5v AA battery and it seems to works fine but few weeks after i try this and connect it to the hdd led, it seems not to works.

the input value is allways 99 or 100 % (i don't remember and it's on my pc not this laptop)

so can the farbwerk perform that (replicate the hdd led light on one channel) and if yes what i've done wrong ??

thanks

Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2016, 09:03

It will not work this way because if you connect the farbwerk directly there will be no more load which was there before with the LED. So you should add a 10kOhm resistor for example and check the voltage with a multimeter. Take this as base and increase or decrease the resistor value.

Sonntag, 22. Mai 2016, 11:02

And what if i put a Case hdd led in serial on the + wire ???
do you think that would be enough ?

or do i have to put the led in // (connecting the led to the motherboard and connect the farbwerk wires on top of the led reading the values at both wires of the led).

thanks

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »psychotik2k3« (22. Mai 2016, 11:15)

Montag, 23. Mai 2016, 13:45

It should work if you connect the regular HDD LED. The measured voltage depends on the LED. Different colors usually use different voltages. So you will maybe have to play a bit around with the values for the voltage range in the aquasuite to accomplish the correct behavior.

Sonntag, 29. Mai 2016, 23:36

It should work if you connect the regular HDD LED. The measured voltage depends on the LED. Different colors usually use different voltages. So you will maybe have to play a bit around with the values for the voltage range in the aquasuite to accomplish the correct behavior.
I tried that, connect a led to the mother board and connect the wire to the farbwerk also and selct sensor as voltage reading.
The problem is that with taht the LED is always lightened when i connect teh wires to the farbwerk.
if i remove them the led flash as usual according to the HDD activity.

i took my multimeter and checked on the farbwerk sensor pin: there is allways 3.3V between pin 1 and 2 of the sensor pins (didn't check on other sensor pins).
As i would expect it on the resistance reading mode or temperature mode, i did not expect taht on voltage reading...
tryed in ADC value, same thing

do you confirm this is the standard behavior or is my unit faulty ?

thanks

farbwerk

Dienstag, 31. Mai 2016, 05:46

Shoggy can you make a drawing of the HDD set up and can you run single RGB Leds with the Farbwerk?

Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2016, 09:12

According to our electronic technician it will not work with your mainboard since it seems to use a different way to supply the voltage for the LED.

farbwerk

Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2016, 19:40

Shoggy if the farbwerk is providing the power and the motherboard
is providing the ground? will it work. Also can you control a single RGB Led?

Freitag, 3. Juni 2016, 19:10

According to our electronic technician it will not work with your mainboard since it seems to use a different way to supply the voltage for the LED.
I'm sorry but i don't think i'ts my motherboard the problem,
if i took my voltmeter and check the voltage between sensor pins 1 and 2 on the farbwerk i have 3.3v even if i select the voltage measurement.
For me the problem is there, as that means taht teh farbwerk cannot monitor external voltage source.

it acts like it's reading resistance whatever the configuration i choose.

my motherboard on the hdd led pins send a voltage only when it wants to lights the led (and i measured 2.76 volts dc when the led is lighted)