• 25.04.2024, 11:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

No flow reading from MPS 400

Sonntag, 22. Mai 2016, 01:40

I am having hell trying to make my new MPS 400 Flow and Aquaero 6 PRO work to give me a flow reading. I don't need extreme accuracy, but 0.0 l/min will not work. I know I have flow as the pump is showing 1962 RPM.

The Aquacomputer manual is of little help as the documentation/instructions are terrible and totally inadequate.

I read every thread I could find on the Internet and set everything up as instructed. I have both USB and 4-wire Aquabus connected. The MPS 400 shows as a tab in the left panel of Aquasuite and the MPS Internal Temp reading is being received. Aquabus address is set to 12. Calibration table was imported and I have a nice graph. Flow rate shows as 0.0.

I had to do some BIOS changes, so I shut down. When I rebooted there suddenly appeared a flow rate reading of 1.4 l/min without my going into Aquasuite to change anything. I was very happy.

My PC went to sleep overnight. When I woke it this morning the flow rate was back to 0.0. Configuration changes of USB or Aquabus as primary connect do not make any difference. Rebooted several time, flow still 0.0. Nothing will get my flow rate back. Now I am very unhappy.

Another issue. Any time I shut down, PC sleeps, or I even close and reopen Aquasuite, the device name reverts to MPS 100 and the tube size is blank, no matter how may times I saved the correct info.

Can anyone help.

Montag, 23. Mai 2016, 22:05

Just some additional information and another question.

Yesterday and today my MPS 400 has been up and down three different times - all without any action on my part other than waking the PC or start/stop Aquasuite. I would estimate that in two days it has worked about 30% of the time.

My question is, what is the correct installed orientation of the MPS 400?

:cursing:

Dienstag, 24. Mai 2016, 00:08

Hi hwellen,

Keep in mind that the range of the MPS 400 is around 80 - 400 lph... So, if you are getting less than 80 lph it would not register, or would register sporadically.

Also, for it to work properly, you have to have a straight run of tubing before and after the sensor.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Dienstag, 24. Mai 2016, 01:46

I am having hell trying to make my new MPS 400 Flow and Aquaero 6 PRO work to give me a flow reading. I don't need extreme accuracy, but 0.0 l/min will not work. I know I have flow as the pump is showing 1962 RPM.

The Aquacomputer manual is of little help as the documentation/instructions are terrible and totally inadequate.

I read every thread I could find on the Internet and set everything up as instructed. I have both USB and 4-wire Aquabus connected. The MPS 400 shows as a tab in the left panel of Aquasuite and the MPS Internal Temp reading is being received. Aquabus address is set to 12. Calibration table was imported and I have a nice graph. Flow rate shows as 0.0.

I had to do some BIOS changes, so I shut down. When I rebooted there suddenly appeared a flow rate reading of 1.4 l/min without my going into Aquasuite to change anything. I was very happy.

My PC went to sleep overnight. When I woke it this morning the flow rate was back to 0.0. Configuration changes of USB or Aquabus as primary connect do not make any difference. Rebooted several time, flow still 0.0. Nothing will get my flow rate back. Now I am very unhappy.

Another issue. Any time I shut down, PC sleeps, or I even close and reopen Aquasuite, the device name reverts to MPS 100 and the tube size is blank, no matter how may times I saved the correct info.

Can anyone help.

Which pump is that? 1.4 l/m or 84 l/h is at the low end of the MPS 400 range, but should yield a reading.

Once you load the calibration table, the settings are not required and they don't load/show on future opening of the panel.

Just some additional information and another question.

Yesterday and today my MPS 400 has been up and down three different times - all without any action on my part other than waking the PC or start/stop Aquasuite. I would estimate that in two days it has worked about 30% of the time.

My question is, what is the correct installed orientation of the MPS 400?

:cursing:

As to vertical, horizontal, diagonal, or any plane specific orientation, it does not matter to the device.
But the Inlet and Outlet are specified and should be adhered to.

Do both the USB tab and aquaero flow tab show the same flow rate?
Have you looked at the cables/connectors? maybe something is intermittent?

no flow reading from MPS 400

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2016, 02:48

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I am still unable to fix anything. I have gotten 0.0 flow readings since yesterday noon.

I also thought that my flow may be below the minimum 80 l/hr because I run my pump pretty slow at less than 2000 RPM (37%), so I ran the pump speed up to 3000 RPM with still no flow reading.

I followed the instructions and installed a straight filling before and after the MPS 400. I think not having the straight run before and after would give an inaccurate flow reading, not a 0.0 reading.

I am running an Aquacomputer D5 PWM pump.

I did not realize that the calibration table, once imported, no longer required the correct configuration settings. Appreciate you pointing out my error.

The Inlet & Outlet are oriented correctly.

Both the USB and Aquabus cables appear to be firmly and correctly attached.

There may be something wrong with the cables themselves, although I think chances of this would be extremely remote. I have new cables on order and will swap the new ones for the old as soon as they are received.

I am going to change out my coolant fluid in a couple weeks. At that time I will reconnect everything a see if this fixes it.

I guess there is always the possibility that my MPS 400 was DOA when I installed it. I have an old Aquacomputer USB High Flow Sensor/Meter that I am going to try before I just give up on the Aquacomputer flow sensors altogether. Too much time has been wasted.

I used to run a Koolance flow sensor, which while giving me inaccurate readings, did give a reading. As a last resort I will buy another Koolance.

Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2016, 02:58

On question I failed to answer. The 0.0 reading is showing up on the USB tab, the Aquaero flow tab, the information pages desktop display, and on the Aquareo 6 device display

No flow reading from MPS 400 - SOLVED

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2016, 03:26

The cables arrived this afternoon and I replaced them with no changes in performance. Once I had a flow rate reading for a short while but lost it again when I switched from the Information Pages tab to another tab. Mind you, I just switched between tabs without making any changes in any setting at all.

Then I decided to change the display units from Liters/Minute to Liters/Hour. (I figured that this was the standard flow unit in the software, so why not.) Up popped the flow rate at approximately 105.0 Liters/Hour. No other changes were made. I closed and reopened Aquasuite several times and even rebooted a couple of times just to see if the system was going to be stable. Everything worked without losing the flow reading. It appears I have discovered a bug in the software, or at least in my software/hardware configuration.

:P

Freitag, 27. Mai 2016, 05:42

That is interesting, thank you for sharing. Never used lpm, mine has always been set in lph. I'll try changing it when I get home and see what happens.

Kind regards,
Boris.