• 18.04.2024, 05:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Freitag, 8. Juli 2016, 21:27

There is no difference. A dedicated M.2 port on the mainboard is also only a PCIe connector in a different form factor. Some mainboards also use only two PCIe lanes for these ports which means they are even slower than the adapter card.

Montag, 8. August 2016, 17:58

I need replacement thermal pad for my kryoM.2, But I can't find 1.8mm thickness thermal pads.
Can I substitute 2.0mm or 1.5mm thermal pads for 1.8mm thermal pads ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »shi0n« (8. August 2016, 18:01)

Dienstag, 9. August 2016, 21:23

Oops, was behind

Donnerstag, 11. August 2016, 11:47

Card 2 or 4 times, and wire it to the lanes 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16.
this is NOT possible.
You can´t wire 2 or more different devices to one PCIe slot.
Every PCIe slot has the capability to handle the handshakes from excatly one device.

Take a look here:

Seagate 8TB Nytro XP7200 NVMe SSD

Seagate has purposed this NVMe SSD to address "the hyperscale needs of today’s data centres seeking to easily grow with their data without losing the ability to quickly access and process it". The 8TB Nytro XP7200 NVMe SSD uses a single PCIe interface with 4x controllers on the card, accessing 4x 2TB Seagate XM1440 M.2 drives. It needs to be plugged into a PCIe x16 to be fully utilised.

Someone did it allready, 4 M.2 ssds on a single pci express Card.

Dienstag, 16. August 2016, 07:28

this is complete different. This pcb has NO PCIe NMVE slots. The flash is directly soldered with the board.

Mittwoch, 17. August 2016, 18:43

this is complete different. This pcb has NO PCIe NMVE slots. The flash is directly soldered with the board.
you could use a pcie switch like one of these http://www.avagotech.com/products/pcie-s…/pcie-switches/
or a pcie nvme raid controller like http://highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/series…0a-overview.htm

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (17. August 2016, 18:47)

Mittwoch, 17. August 2016, 21:23

you could use a pcie switch like one of these http://www.avagotech.com/products/pcie-s…/pcie-switches/
or a pcie nvme raid controller like http://highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/series…0a-overview.htm
and than we have a product that is more expensive without any benefit for 99% of our customers.

Mittwoch, 1. März 2017, 10:51

Only because we allready discussed about it.
I ordered me a PCI Express 3.0 16x Card that can take 4 M.2 up to 22110 SSD connected each through PCI Express 3.0 4x to the Computer.

So yah, someone made such a Card. It is possible.
It would have been better if Aquacomputer had one with either passive or active watercooling.

However, i dont think they will bother designing one, sice you Need a PCI Express Switch, and the whole Card costs 450 USD.

Here it is, the Card !

Mittwoch, 1. März 2017, 11:34

Only because we allready discussed about it.
I ordered me a PCI Express 3.0 16x Card that can take 4 M.2 up to 22110 SSD connected each through PCI Express 3.0 4x to the Computer.

So yah, someone made such a Card. It is possible.
It would have been better if Aquacomputer had one with either passive or active watercooling.

However, i dont think they will bother designing one, sice you Need a PCI Express Switch, and the whole Card costs 450 USD.

Here it is, the Card !

If only that was at a way better price point, as you say it's $400 and was all black with RAID capabilities. Now that would be something.

Mittwoch, 1. März 2017, 12:16

The Card doesnt have Raid, bu t the Point of the Card is not to offer Raid, but to offer the possibility of connecting more than one SSD to a PCI Slot, if there are more lanes available.

For instance my Aquacomputer Card sits in a 16x 3.0 Slot, so 12 Lanes are wasted. With this Card i can add 3 more SSD.

What do you Need raid for, when one SSD has 3500 mb/s read speads and 2500 mb/s write Speeds ?

Samstag, 4. März 2017, 00:35

The Card doesnt have Raid, bu t the Point of the Card is not to offer Raid, but to offer the possibility of connecting more than one SSD to a PCI Slot, if there are more lanes available.

For instance my Aquacomputer Card sits in a 16x 3.0 Slot, so 12 Lanes are wasted. With this Card i can add 3 more SSD.

What do you Need raid for, when one SSD has 3500 mb/s read speads and 2500 mb/s write Speeds ?
you need RAID so you can swing your dick a bit more :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »baconinabun« (4. März 2017, 00:36)

7thOmen

Sorry to necro this thread, but...

Montag, 22. November 2021, 19:51

A question for @Shoggy.
If I want to use multiple KryoM.2 solutions in a row on a compatible motherboard, can I use any of the Kryoconnect for GPU bridges between M.2 water blocks? Are the 3 mounting points the same between the KryoM.2 and the KryoGraphics?

A point to make from earlier posts in this thread. Bifurcation is the feature that will allow a re-organizing of PCIe lanes to split a x16 into other useful combos (ie. 4x4x4x4, 4x4x8, 8x4x4, etc..). HEDT and server boards can allow for this. A dual or quad card with provisions for the KryoM.2 water blocks would be nice. I realize I am in a niche market, so I don't have any real expectations.
Thanks!
Omen