• 19.04.2024, 12:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Mounting an Aquainlet XT on a Aquastream XT/Ultra/Ultimate Pump

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2016, 21:34

Can anyone tell me how am i suppose to reconnect the Aquainlet part to the Aquastream Pump. I took it out to clean it, and i just wont fit anyome !
Do i just need to place it in position and push it, or do i need to slightly rotate it because of the recession in the pump part ?

On my second Aquainlet i have managed tobreak the inner recessions (the ones near the round part that has the hole in the middle) and one of the outer recessions. Do i need to buy a new Aquainlet ? Because i believe without the recessions, i cannot mount the Aquainlet to the pumps, right ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (26. Mai 2016, 21:39)

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2016, 22:09

Here are some photos because its hard to understand otherwise

1) I believe this part is part of the pump. If so, it means i need to replace it, can i aquire two new pieces, or do i need to get a new pump ?

You can see one of the missing teeth to the left.

2)The teeth on the right is broken! Do i need to get a new Aquainlet as well ?

3)PS: What in gods name is the green stuff ? I have seen it gathering in the tubing as well, what can it be ?
Could it be that its from the green O-Ring on the Fitting ?

Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2016, 23:14

That green "stuff" or residue is signs of growth. You will need a complete tear down and clean out all your parts.

How long have you had this loop?

When's the last time you did maintenance? Flush? Annual break down and clean?

Did you have any biocide in the loop?

What fluids were you using?

Freitag, 27. Mai 2016, 07:09

That green "stuff" or residue is signs of growth. You will need a complete tear down and clean out all your parts.

How long have you had this loop?

When's the last time you did maintenance? Flush? Annual break down and clean?

Did you have any biocide in the loop?

What fluids were you using?

I was using distilled water. No biocide, i thought the copper in the loop was acting as a biocide (in a way silver is a biocide).
I never did any maintanance. I had it for probably a year.
I should probaby get a silver bullet, or silver coil in the reservoir !

Any other options ? Im using distilled water since i can make it myself as it is also the only water i am drinking.

Freitag, 27. Mai 2016, 07:41

Yes! Silver is a biocide. You'll need to do a complete tear down, shake the heck out of the radiators with warm soap because they have a ton of hard to reach places and then rinse it all out a few times with distilled and start over on a clean slate. That also includes your blocks, reservoir, clean out the pumps and throw away the tubing and replace it with some PrimoChill Advanced LRT. Get a silver kill coil and you should be set.

A set of rules me and a few experts go by in the H20 world in another forum is, we recommend a reflush of the liquids every 6 months and a break down every 12 months or annually. That's if you want your parts to last. There are others that went on for 3 years with distilled and silver kill coil as biocide and had no issues. Sometimes that can happen but why take the chance in case something happens right? In my case some parts are new but most are about 5 years ago. My loop taken apart looks good as new other then some oxidized spots.

Freitag, 27. Mai 2016, 10:25

Yes! Silver is a biocide. You'll need to do a complete tear down, shake the heck out of the radiators with warm soap because they have a ton of hard to reach places and then rinse it all out a few times with distilled and start over on a clean slate. That also includes your blocks, reservoir, clean out the pumps and throw away the tubing and replace it with some PrimoChill Advanced LRT. Get a silver kill coil and you should be set.

A set of rules me and a few experts go by in the H20 world in another forum is, we recommend a reflush of the liquids every 6 months and a break down every 12 months or annually. That's if you want your parts to last. There are others that went on for 3 years with distilled and silver kill coil as biocide and had no issues. Sometimes that can happen but why take the chance in case something happens right? In my case some parts are new but most are about 5 years ago. My loop taken apart looks good as new other then some oxidized spots.

That means i got a lot of work to do. Ive read taht copper acts as a biocid like silver, but to a much smaller degree, and ive thought that with so much sopper Radiators and blocks, it would be enough.
Ill clean them up, and pump a lot of silver into the Loop (bullets and kill coil)

However, what about the broken parts, i Need them replaced, if i cannot aquire them alone, im going to have to get new pumps, and with new pumps, im going to have to send the front Aquaero Ultimate Reds back, since im going to have to get the pump as a whole.

I Need to know from the aquacomputer staff if i can aquire These parts alone !

Freitag, 27. Mai 2016, 11:30

Just a single silver kill coil will do you justice. If its a massive loop, a second one won't hurt.

As for the pumps, try and see if you can get them replaced and sell them. Just grab the D5s or DDC pumps. They pack lots of power. Make sure you select the right pump from AC if you're using a Aquaero 6 otherwise you should be good to go.

Freitag, 27. Mai 2016, 11:43

I would stay away from these silver kill coils. My opinion can be read here.

Freitag, 27. Mai 2016, 12:15

I figured it out myself.
Supposedly the Aquastream Ultra/XT is based of Eheim 1046 pump.
On www.eheimparts.com, one can look under this pump, and order Part 7439909, Impeller Cover, ist only 10 Dollar.

That fixes the Pumps.

I Need to know now what im supposeto do with the Aquainlet tooth that got broken.
I Keep on wondering, why arent These parts made out of something stronger than plastic.

Ill probably Need a new Aquainlet. I would like to hear a confirmation from Shoggy that indeed the Aquainlet with broken tooth is useless.
Perhaps something could be done to "patch" the Situation, if not, im going to have to get a new one.

Freitag, 27. Mai 2016, 14:04

That is pretty expensive. We sell this part for just 3.90 Euro.

If you do not move the pump or PC around you can also use the aquainlet without the lock. Of course you will have to add something underneath it get it one the same level with the pump. The classic aquainlet is just the tube and also have no further lock mechanism

Samstag, 28. Mai 2016, 11:05

I believe this broken teeth from the Reservoir part holds the Reservoir part with the pump part tegether, and when ist not there any more, ist beeing Held only from one side, which could comprimise the water seal betwen the Reservoir part (aquainlet) and pump part !

Is that so ?

Because in this case i Need to get a new "Reservoir part" !

Sonntag, 29. Mai 2016, 19:14

Isnt there a way to acquire only the plastic part of the reservoir ?