• 27.04.2024, 08:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

PA3 fans start up at 100%, even if start boost is off

Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2016, 19:03

Hi to all watercoolers, as from title. Every time the PC turns on or wakes up from sleep, whatever value the PA3 "fan 5 controller" is set to (turned off at 0% or at 50%), the fans connected to output 5 spin up at 100% for 5-10 seconds.
Note that this happens only to fan 5, the channels of fan 1 to 4 of the aquaero 6XT just behave normally, remaining shut down or spinning at the percentage I've set. PA3 is aquabus linked to the aquaero.
At this point my only question is: what's the point of having the start boost on the power adjust, if it just start boost at max itself, and every time ?

Probably others have already argued about this but I couldn't find clear information or answers. BTW, not a big problem at all, I can live with it. Just curiosity.

Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2016, 23:09

I have the same issue with my PWM pumps on Channel 1. Every time I start up my PC, the AQ turns on and the pumps are left running at 100% while sucking up air into the loop till they go to their programmed settings.

Sonntag, 5. Juni 2016, 17:22

Hi JackBauer, your situation is very similar to mine but what's even more strange is that the issue happens in a different context. All my 4 channels on the Aquaero 6XT are doing fine, and I also have a D5 from AC hooked to it (via aquabus though) and it's ok too.

I feel something just goes wrong during power on, actually behaving like a start boost would do. In your Aquaero ch1 pumps and on my PA3 ch5 fans. Hope someone can explain this :?:

Dienstag, 7. Juni 2016, 11:17

this is not an issue.
When no aquabus communication is active, the output is powered with 100%. When the connection is established the device takes the setpoint from the aquabus connection.
This behavior cannot changed by user settings.