• 27.04.2024, 10:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

New: searching for leaks with Dr. Drop

Freitag, 10. Juni 2016, 20:40

Afraid of leaks? Dr. Drop helps!

Our products are tested for leaks with special devices before they leave our assembly. These extremely sensitive devices can tell even tiny leaks within seconds and for special requirements we can also do tests with a helium leak detection system. None of these devices make sense for the use at home so we have developed a little and simple gadget: Dr. Drop

With Dr. Drop it is easy to check the cooling loop or individual components. The gadget will be connected to the loop or component and with a bicycle pump a testing pressure is applied (500 mbar is recommend). Afterwards the pump will be removed and a drain valve allows a controlled reduction of the pressure so it can be set to a clean starting value. For a precise setting it is recommend to tip the pressure gauge since its pointer can slightly jump. After 15 to 30 minutes the pressure gauge should be tipped again to check the position of the pointer. Ideally it will have not moved so the tested loop or component can be considered as leakproof. A leak would cause the pointer to move to a lower pressure value while larger leaks will immediately be visible by a constant movement of the pointer.

Dr. Drop is a CNC machined in our facilities. The pressure gauge comes from the well known company WIKA and also the the used valves are made in Germany. We have tried our best to produce a little gadget that will do a reliable job for a very long time. The thread to connect Dr. Drop uses the common G1/4 size. We offer this little gadget as bundle with a pump and also as a single part.

The pump is very compact and is compatible with Schrader valves and French valves. To change the valve type the head of the pump will be twisted. The tube is made of black anodized aluminum and is engraved with the Aqua Computer logo. An adapter for ball valves and a clip for the bottle holder of bicycles is also included with the pump.

Dr. Drop is in stock and can be already ordered.

And finally some photos 8)

Freitag, 10. Juni 2016, 23:03

Cute as hell and very interesting... I will have to get a Dr. Drop for my next build.
I guess the water pumps are sufficiently "porous" to not provide a blockage?
One can use a reservoir port (i.e. in place of the Pressure equalization membrane)?