• 19.04.2024, 17:22
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

pphx459

Pump or Aquaero failing?

Montag, 20. Juni 2016, 10:44

Hi, I have a Laing DDC pump hooked up to the first channel of Aquaero 6. Recently when I cold boot, the pump won't start, you'll hear a grinding noise. I thought I eliminated this issue by supplying 100% power for the first 20 seconds during cold boot but looks like the problem is back. Is my pump failing or is it Aquaero? Once the system is up and running, the pump exhibits no issues for as long as my computer runs, only during cold boot.

Montag, 20. Juni 2016, 14:15

Sounds a bit like the pump. You could connect it directly to the PSU for a while to check if it makes a difference. If the noise is still present at startup you can be sure that it is the pump.

pphx459

Montag, 20. Juni 2016, 14:17

Yea, I'm thinking that as well, it has been running fine for a long while now. I'll just replace it, thanks shoggy. Btw, any DDC pumps you recommend? I'm using the DDC 3.25 18watt version.

Montag, 20. Juni 2016, 14:48

There is no specific variant that I would prefer. They all do their job :D

Montag, 20. Juni 2016, 15:57

Yea, I'm thinking that as well, it has been running fine for a long while now. I'll just replace it, thanks shoggy. Btw, any DDC pumps you recommend? I'm using the DDC 3.25 18watt version.

That all depends.

Do you want very quiet pump? Go D5.

Do you want a pump that has more head pressure because of a complex loop? DDC.

Do you need a small form pump because of case build/design? DDC

If you decide to go with a new pump, I personally would have gone with AC D5 Aquabus pump and use it that way, freeing up the channels for fans.

Again, it all depends on how you want to plan this.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (20. Juni 2016, 15:59)

pphx459

Mittwoch, 24. August 2016, 04:02

ok, got a new pump and the problem resurfaced after a couple weeks. I forget to mention that this is inside a bitspower pump cooler for ddc. When I replaced the old pump, I noticed the cooler was a bit oily, not sure from what. I wiped it down and placed the new pump in and thought everything was fine until yesterday.. any ideas?

pphx459

Mittwoch, 28. Dezember 2016, 12:33

I'm still having this problem with a new pump and a new top. I should've mentioned that there are 16 fans and 4 led strips connected to channels 3 and 4 through y splitters. This has been working for about two years. I think I read somewhere about hard resetting the aquaero. What's the procedure and should I do it?

Mittwoch, 28. Dezember 2016, 14:00

I'm still having this problem with a new pump and a new top. I should've mentioned that there are 16 fans and 4 led strips connected to channels 3 and 4 through y splitters. This has been working for about two years. I think I read somewhere about hard resetting the aquaero. What's the procedure and should I do it?

Not much to go on from your comment, but the pump should run without an aquaero.
Maybe try that first to narrow down the problem?

pphx459

Montag, 2. Januar 2017, 00:05

well its a brand new pump, i dont see how it can't run without aquaero. Im just wondering if maybe my aquaero cant handle this many devices anymore..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pphx459« (2. Januar 2017, 00:07)