• 19.04.2024, 01:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Backplate causing hissing noise

Montag, 20. Juni 2016, 17:37

I recently installed an Aquaero 6 Pro USB to control the fans in my main computer. The Aquaero 6 seems to be working normally. I then tried to add the passive heatsink to the controller, but this causes a loud hissing sound. This can be heard when the power is on, but before the computer starts up. It can also be heard after the computer starts up. When I remove the passive heatsink the noise disappears. I have checked the positioning of the thermal pads, and the passive heatsink. Each time I put the heatsink onto the controller the noise appears, and it disappears when I remove the heatsink.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to fix this problem. Many thanks in advance.

Dienstag, 21. Juni 2016, 08:45

It is a problem with the buzzer. To get it fixed you would have to send in your device or if you have some soldering skills we can also send you a replacement buzzer and replace it yourself.

Update: Forget about this so far. Maybe it can be fixed in another way. Could you please remove the front cover and also the display from the main controller and send us a photo of the "naked" side of the main controller? It is likely that there will be a single small SMD resistor soldered near the buzzer. If so you would only have to remove it. You could unsolder it or carefully cut it away with a sharp side cutter.

Montag, 25. Juli 2016, 17:31

Hi Shoggy

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it took so long for me to respond, but I've been away on business and holidays. I take it the resistor you want me to remove is the one circled in red on the image below?

https://1drv.ms/i/s!An_Ro27ONKbOfpIsPjqlYFIPdjU

Montag, 25. Juli 2016, 19:45

Yes. When removed the problem should be also gone.

Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2016, 10:44

Update.

I removed the resistor as you suggested and re-fitted the heatsink. The hissing sound has completely disappeared, and the Aquaero controller appears to be working perfectly.

Many thanks for your help with solving this problem. :)

Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2016, 12:01

:thumbsup: