• 18.04.2024, 15:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Connecting it all

Sonntag, 10. Juli 2016, 14:17

Hi all!

A few questions. I've browsed the forum quite a bit, but unfortunately I couldn't find the exact answers I'm looking for. I hope you guys are willing to help me.
I want to install (haven't ordered anything yet) the following stuff:
- Aquaero 6 PRO (53145)
- Aqualis XT with fill level sensor (34042)
- Farbwerk Aquabus version (53170)
- Aquastream Ultimate (41108 )
- Flow sensor high flow for Aquaero (53068 )

Is it possible to sonnect all these things? If so, what do I need (am I missing things in this row)?
Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

Sonntag, 10. Juli 2016, 21:16

Yes, have the same setup but I got USB versions of everything. I also got the USB "high flow" separate. I have it set to USB for aquasuite control and it is connected via aquabus to control it from the Aquaero.

Its working but I have 2 problems to fix (no data).

Montag, 11. Juli 2016, 16:32

For aqualis and the aquastream you will need an y-adapter cable. The farbwerk features two aquabus ports so you could connect it in the following way for example:

aquaero -> farbwerk -> y-adapter -> aqualis and aquastream

The mentioned flow sensor is no aquabus device. It will be connected to the flow port of the aquaero with its 3-pin connection cable.

Montag, 11. Juli 2016, 20:03

Thanks for the very helpful answer Shoggy! :thumbup:
So, if I choose flow sensor 53129 all will be well?
And everything gets it's power via USB? So I need to throw in a Hubby (53230) as well?

So the setup can be as followed:
Aquaero -> Farbwerk (on the high Aquabus) -> 4-pin Y-cable (on the first Aquabus port) -> Aqualis / Aquastream
-----------------------------------------------------------------> Flow sensor (on the second Aquabus port)

Sorry for the horrible line, I didn't know how to do it any other way. Must be my age...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Timstone« (11. Juli 2016, 20:11)

Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs. Brent in Player vs. Player

Montag, 11. Juli 2016, 20:13

Using flow sensor 53129 makes no sense when you also use an aquaero. The sensor 53068 is basically the same but without the internal electronic which is not required here because the aquaero can do it.

The aqualis requires a 4-pin aquabus connection to get power through the aquaero or you have to connect USB in addition. In this case you can also use a 3-pin cable. The farbwerk and pump must be powered by the PSU anyway and the flow sensor 53068 gets its power from the aquaero.

There is no (more) second aquabus port on the aquaero. aquabus highspeed is the only one that can be used for all. The lowspeed aquabus port has no more function since firmware version 2000+. The flow sensor 53068 must be connected to the flow port (that has nothing to do with aquabus).

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2016, 14:12

Thanks again for the wonderful answers Shoggy! Nice. :thumbsup:

You mentioned "...you could connect it in the following way for example:".
Is there another possibility to connect it all?

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2016, 16:14

The aquabus is a real bus system so as long as each device is connected to the line it will work.

You could also use this splitter board for example and connect all devices individually. Or you use a two y-adapters or one that has three lines, or you solder you own cable or or or... :D

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2016, 17:32

Cool, getting closer to a basic understanding of the system. 8)
I'll connect everything to the Splitty (I won't have to use the "Input" I guess), give juice to the Aquastream and Farbwerk and we're good to go.
Hmm... doesn't the Aquaero need power from the PSU?

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2016, 17:39

Cool, getting closer to a basic understanding of the system. 8)
I'll connect everything to the Splitty (I won't have to use the "Input" I guess), give juice to the Aquastream and Farbwerk and we're good to go.
Hmm... doesn't the Aquaero need power from the PSU?
Yes, the AQ is fed by a molex connection from the PSU as well as 5v USB power for the interface.

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2016, 20:04

Thanks for the help!
So I need to connect the Aquaero with the evil Molex-connector (I really hate those ugly bastards) AND the USB?

I'm going to be a bit of a heretic right now.
Since I only want to connect 4 devices to the Aquabus chain, can't I use one of these instead of the Splitty?

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2016, 20:18

Aquaero requires molex because otherwise you can not use any power outputs of it. The USB connection is not necessary to make it work but without it you will have no access through the aquasuite. You could only configure the device with its integrated menu which is a pain in the ass and also does not offer all features.

The linked splitter might work if it has all lines connected. Usually splitters for fans should only forward one rpm signal which would not work for the aquabus. That is the reason why our splittter is a bit more intelligent and allows to configure this with the jumper.

Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2016, 08:55

Well, thanks again for the wonderful answers. Now I know exactly what I need.
Too bad though you really need all those connections.

But to be clear, I won't have to use the "input" on the Splitty?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Timstone« (13. Juli 2016, 08:57)

Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2016, 10:19

There is no need to use the input for your purpose. Make sure to set the jumper to aquabus.

Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2016, 11:22

Problem solved! :D

Will post pics when I finally get to work on building the monster.

Freitag, 22. Juli 2016, 13:43

Hi All!

Just to be absolutely sure on how I connect it all, here's a pic.
Can someone confirm this is correct?

Freitag, 22. Juli 2016, 16:07

It is OK.

Freitag, 22. Juli 2016, 17:03

Woot! Thanks Sven! :thumbsup:

Montag, 15. Mai 2017, 08:39

Hi all!

I finally finished the build, but...
I've connected everything as per image above except the "Hubby --> USB MB" connection (this connection was unneccessary because I draw power via the Hubby --> SATA connection). This control-loop works fine, but I can only control the fan speed according to the water temperature. This should be enough to not put the processor in danger, but is there a way to get a temperature signal from the motherboard/processor and control the fan speed with this?

Montag, 15. Mai 2017, 14:04

You can by creating a software sensor through Aquasuite but the standard way is always to use water temperature as your CPU temp will dance about all over the place. You can also create a delta between water and air temps and control your loop that way which a lot of people prefer.
Welcome to Aquaero land.

Montag, 15. Mai 2017, 14:11

Thanks for the answer, much appreciated!
Hmm... a software sensor? How and what do I need to connect to where?

Also, if I decide not to do this, what is a reasonable (water)temperature to keep as maximum temperature?
I'm running an i7 6850 (not overclocked).