• 25.04.2024, 15:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 6 XT touch screen problem

Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2016, 03:16

Hi

Currently having an issue with the touch screen on my Aquaero 6 XT and unsure what to do next, I emailed the aquacomputer support email address on Sunday but havent had any response yet which is disapponting as I was planning on buying an AQ res and USB D5 pump.

The issue is the touch buttons on the Aquaero stop working after a few days and sometimes the lights remain on when the PC is powered down but to get the touch buttons to work again the PC needs to be disconnected from power on the PSU and reconnected before it works again.

After a few cycles shutting down the PC the touch buttons stop working again. This has happened numerous times and I can only control the Aquaero via the included remote when the buttons stop working.

Anyone encountered something like this before?

I recorded a video for reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKoMBg3VJfk&feature=youtu.be

Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2016, 03:56

my guess would be a usb issue on the m/b end,perhaps checking bios to insure its set to be hot all the time
also it takes a moment to bring up data and super punching buttons as in your video can confuse most any process.

RE: Aquaero 6 XT touch screen problem

Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2016, 13:44

I emailed the aquacomputer support email address on Sunday but havent had any response yet

I replied on Monday so you will have to check your mail account - maybe it got filtered as spam or something like that.

Here is the original reply again:

"if the touch front does not respond anymore and the LED stays on, it is very likely that the touch controller crashed. This usually happens if the controller is flooded with false input.

Unfortunately there is not much that you can try yourself. You can detach and mount the front again to make sure that there is no strange contact problem.

If you want to give it a try: remove the four screws at the front so that you can pull it off (cover, glass and touch PCB). Remove the stand off pieces so that you can also pull the LCD from the main controller board. Use a ruler or something like that and slightly bend the pins on the main controller and LCD board sidewards so that they will definitively make good contact when you assemble everything again.

The touch controlled area is sensittive to electromagnetic fields so maybe something in your case is causing the problem. We have also seen problems caused by the power supply or even the case itself in the past. If there is some kind of ripple disturbance overlaying a signal it could also cause problems.

You could try to lower the sensitivty of the keys a bit.

If possible you could remove the aquaero from the PC and let it run out of it for a night (or the time it usually takes to come up with the problem) to check whether the problem is still present.

If you are able to power the conntected stuff like fans or pump directly so that you can remove the main power from the aquaero for a test, it might also help. The device will be powered by USB only in this case. It will only run the logic stuff incl. the display and touch control. If the problem is gone it might have something to do with the PSU.

Just a few days ago we had a customer with pretty much the same problem. He reported back that the problem was completely gone after he moved his system into another case. He was moving the system anyway and not because of the aquaero but in the end it proofed that external influences near the aquaero can cause this problem."

Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2016, 14:22

Thanks for replying.

Ill try this tonight, do you know what type of case and PSU the other customer had, I currently have a Phanteks Enthoo Primo and a Corsair HX750i.

Apologies, I checked my mail again and for some reason it was in spam. I appreciate the response.

Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2016, 14:40

No, he has not provided any information about it.