• 04.05.2024, 19:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Pressure equalisation membrane G1/4 query ?

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2016, 23:44

The reservoir and D5 pump for one of my loops is beneath the radiator. If I include a Pressure equalisation membrane in the top of the reservoir will this mean that when the pump is switched off, the water in the radiator will flow back down [finding its own level] and out through the membrane fitting ?

Thanks,

Lyndon

Montag, 1. August 2016, 20:30

I can not tell if the water will flow back but if so it can not escape through the pressure equalization membrane. You should be only aware of the fact that if the membrane becomes wet, it will not work anymore till it is dry again.

Dienstag, 2. August 2016, 11:02

Thanks Shoggy, that's the confirmation I needed :thumbsup:

Donnerstag, 4. August 2016, 13:38

I have one in my rig that is below the highest part of the radiator (by about 5") and when I turn the pump off, the fluid doesn't back flow into the reservoir from the radiator much (if at all). So I guess it really depends on how much below the radiator is.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »'47 Knucklehead« (4. August 2016, 13:41)

Donnerstag, 4. August 2016, 17:21

Thanks 47. Just concerned that the membrane could have leaked water when the pump was off. Both you and Shoggy have confirmed my fears are unfounded.