• 24.04.2024, 16:04
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Simply the best: cuplex XT di - double impact

Montag, 17. September 2007, 19:15

In the current issue of the german magazine Hardwareluxx (06/2007) 13 water coolers of different manufacturers were tested. The cooling performance of our cuplex XT di stands out compared to the rest of the field. At the temperature difference between CPU and water the cuplex XT di is leading with 4.6K comapred to the runner-up.

Moreover, it should be mentioned that other coolers partly offered a higher flow, however, nevertheless they were not able to keep up with the cooling performance of the cuplex XT di.

How one sees we are very proud of it 8)

(Jan P. with cuplex XT di picture and german utility patent)

On page 2 of this pdf file you will find the results.

Re: Simply the best: cuplex XT di - double impact

Montag, 26. November 2007, 01:18

I have read a lot of discussions about this review in other forums. As I am new to watercooling, they leave me completely confused. Mainly the almost "religious" discussions about what is best, high or low flow rates, have put serious doubts in my mind on whether to go for the Cuplex XT di or with another (Fuzion)

One of the points made in the discussions, is that the test took place with a Barton single core. Not sure where they got the information, but if it's true then it's indeed not representative for the latest generation top cpu's. Are there any comparisions made on quad cores?

Montag, 26. November 2007, 10:34

What? Lol^^
The tests were made with a e6850 clocked to 3.6gig with 1.46vcore.

So the Cpu is rather actuall. In the current hwluxx printed there is a test with quadcores.

The essence of it is that the xt Di is a pretty good cooler and can cool every cpu out there and I think the styling is pretty nice.

Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2007, 07:47

Zitat von »tutta55«

One of the points made in the discussions, is that the test took place with a Barton single core. Not sure where they got the information, but if it's true then it's indeed not representative for the latest generation top cpu's.

Whoever talked about the Barton core must have been drinking too much that night! Either that or they hated the block and wanted to slander AC. Here is what the author of that piece had to say about his test setup:

"So, the platform I used for the test that's shown was a C2D 6600 with machined top, a Thermalright backplate and Arctic Ceramique as TIM (normally I use Silmore, but I ran out of stock on it :( )."

"The CPU was running at 3.833GHz with 1.46V, tested with Windows XP 64-Bit and the according version of Prime95."

"The loop I used had a PA 120.2, Laing DDC+ with Petra's top, Swissflow SF-800 flow meter, a small water filter made by Mips, t-line, and 7/16" Masterkleer with EK 1/2" barbs."

"I also used the Aqua Computer poweradjust to run the pump at 100% and 60% to simulate a lower flow loop (for people that like to use smaller tubing or a GPU block in their loop for example)."

"Water temperature and room temperature was recorded of course, throughout the testing the room temperature stayed within a range of ~2°C (I'd have to look that up, but the variation was small as all the testing was done in a row)."

Source is here.