• 18.04.2024, 02:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Is it necessary to flash an LT device?

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 01:55

Is it necessary to flash an LT device? I have turned my old 5xt into a 5lt (just remove the front panel) and get the fan data I need, just wondering if there's a reason to flash the newest firmware.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 15:39

The new slave firmware also supports the PWM option on fan channel #4 now.

IMPORTANT: install the display back on it and reset it [four jumpers on temp input 5-8] before you run the downloader. The downloader will already check all connected devices and registers them on the licensing server. If you connect the device while it is a LT version it will be also registered as LT and will likely not be entitled to get a aquasuite 2017 license while a XT variant will get it for sure. Same thing if you already have a running aquasuite 2016-5 or 2017-1 installation.

If you also own another aquaero XT or any other device that currently receives or already got a 2017 license this step is not mandatory but still recommend.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 15:48

The new slave firmware also supports the PWM option on fan channel #4 now.

IMPORTANT: install the display back on it and reset it [four jumpers on temp input 5-8] before you run the downloader. The downloader will already check all connected devices and registers them on the licensing server. If you connect the device while it is a LT version it will be also registered as LT and will likely not be entitled to get a aquasuite 2017 license while a XT variant will get it for sure. Same thing if you already have a running aquasuite 2016-5 or 2017-1 installation.

If you also own another aquaero XT or any other device that currently receives or already got a 2017 license this step is not mandatory but still recommend.

Thanks. The question now is, how do I flash it?

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 15:56

If it is currently a LT with a slave firmware. Than put the display back on it (or not if it was a LT right from the start). Place jumpers on temperature sensor port 5 to 8, power up the device and wait till it beeps a few times. or you see the message in the display that the device runs in recovery mode now.

Now run it together with the current aquasuite and make sure that in the license manager tab it is listed as activated. Afterwards you could remove the display again and flash the latest regular firmware. And after this you can flash the current slave firmware.

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 17:23

Ahh, the jumpers, that I don't have 4 of. Guess I have to wait until I can find a place to buy them (anyone have a suggestion in Norway, so I don't have to pay a fortune in postage fee heheh).

Samstag, 26. November 2016, 20:32

Just get a piece of aluminum foil. Cut four pieces and crumple them a bit. Taa taa: there you have your four low cost jumpers ;)