• 16.04.2024, 12:00
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New: aquasuite 2017 licensing system

Montag, 28. November 2016, 09:53

aquasuite licensing system
Ensuring long-term software development even for older devices

The development costs for the aquasuite are becoming ever greater by the growing possibilities of the software. In addition, we have an ever-growing circle of old customers with partly very old equipment. If a customer with very old hardware installs a new aquasuite after a longtime, the Aqua Computer support will be more often contacted due the high number of new features. This also generates costs for us, which we can not simply ignore. Many of our products cost just 29.95 € and it should be clear to everyone that you can not afford the free software support for the
existing profit margin for many years.

For us there was therefore the consideration in the future either to offer no software support for older devices or to find a compromise.
Wehave opted for a customer-friendly system: from now on, customers receive a license for the current year's version and for the following year, when purchasing a new device. For products purchased today, this means a license for the aquasuites 2017 and 2018.

The software can then be used indefinitely in time. In addition, (as far as possible) serious errors and problems in old versions are also fixed in the future! However, there is no support for these versions.

The most important points regarding the licensing system:
  • Licenses are in most cases acquired through the purchase of Aqua Computer equipment at no extra costs
  • New devices receive a license for the current version and the subsequent year version
  • Purchase of licenses is possible from the aquasuite (payment by PayPal or prepayment)
  • The licenses are binded to devices (this also applies to purchased licenses)
  • A device with license is sufficient to use all devices with the aquasuite
  • Internet connection is only necessary when the software is activated
  • No exchange of personal data via the Internet
  • If, however, the purchase of a license is necessary, this costs 9.90 € for one year or 14.90 € for two years

The licensing system in detail
Each new device is licensed to use the aqusuite with all existing devices of the customer. Whoever purchases a product every two years, for example, has no restriction.
For example it is possible to buy a farbwerkor a poweradjust at 29.90 € to get another support for two more software versions. All updates of the respective year version are included.In addition, all aquaero XT and aquaduct XT series devices are supported for three years.

This results in the following situation:

For all existing customers (excepted aquaero XT and aquaduct XT) this means that all versions of the aquasuite 2016 can still be used at no costs. A change to version 2017 requires a current device or a purchased license key. The purchase will be done directly from the aquasuite 2017 (currently 9.90 € incl. 19% VAT). In addition, a favorable license is offered for two years (€ 14.90).

For all existing customers with aquaero 5/6 XT or aquaduct XT (no matter how old), we grant a free license for the aquasuite 2017. The devices automatically activate the software without an additional license key.

Same for all other aquaero and aquaduct customers with a total running time of less than 2160 hours (90 days continuous operation). All owners of aquastream ULTIMATE also receive a free license for the aquasuite 2017.

Customerswho purchase an AquaComputer product from today will receive a license key with the product or a product that already contains an electronic license key. These devices will bring a license for the 2017 and 2018 annual versions. If the products are an aquaero XT or an aquaduct XT, the license is extended until 2019.

This is illustrated in the following diagram:

On the technically side the system works by activating the software installation via our license server. Currently delivered devices bring a license key on the packaging. This key is entered after installing the aquasuite and assigned to a connected USB device. Subsequently, our license server activates the installation on this computer and sends the client a license file.

If the device with the binded license is disconnected, the aquasuite continues to work with all the devices available at the time of installation. If, however, a device is added or if the aquasuite has to be re-installed (or an update is installed) then either the device with the license has to be plugged in or another device with a valid license. At this time, the license is reapplied by the license server. As long as the system runs without changes to the configuration, it does not need any contact with the license server.

No personal data will be exchanged during the activation and creation of the license. Only the serial numbers of the existing Aqua computer devices, a calculated number for the identification of the computer and the license key are transmitted.
In the coming months, we will expand our devices with an integrated electronic license key. These devices are recognizable in the transition time to the following sticker:

With these devices, no key is needed, as the devices bring the license already in the device memory. Important for the start date of the upgrade-license is the time of the first activation (not purchase or production).It is clear to us that this leads to costs to get the newest software for some customers. We see however no alternative because we do not like to stop support for older products.

Therefore, we think that most of our customers appreciate an up-to-date software for their devices.

A link to a PDF with some samples.

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2016, 18:48

hello :)

I bought, Aquaero 6 pro, d5 pump and mps flow 400 but I only have the license to Aquaero, why?

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2016, 19:42

Because the two other don't come with a license for AS2017 ;)
But it is enough if your Aquaero has a license to run AS2017, you only need one device to activate the license :)

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2016, 19:57

Because the two other don't come with a license for AS2017 ;)
But it is enough if your Aquaero has a license to run AS2017, you only need one device to activate the license :)

so it's ok?

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2016, 20:45

One license is enough for the software. The status of the other devices does not matter.

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2016, 21:06

so it's ok?

Yes,as you can see on the top.There it says "activated".Means, you have a valid license and everything is okay :)

Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2016, 21:38

thank you so much :)

dissapointing

Montag, 5. Dezember 2016, 03:33

Does this mean I have to pay you £15 to upgrade the software? Is the new version memory hogging like the previous? I have spent hundreds on aquacomputer hardware and now I have to pay a license fee for the software every year? WOW
»donohue100« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:
  • Untitled-1.jpg (65,21 kB - 1 910 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: Gestern, 19:40)
  • Untitled-2.jpg (70,9 kB - 1 547 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 12. April 2024, 09:52)

Montag, 5. Dezember 2016, 07:20

Does this mean I have to pay you £15 to upgrade the software? Is the new version memory hogging like the previous? I have spent hundreds on aquacomputer hardware and now I have to pay a license fee for the software every year? WOW
you can select the 2016 version (free for you) otherwise you have to pay.

Montag, 5. Dezember 2016, 09:44

And you also do not have to pay every year. The license that you get does not expire so for example you could use the free 2016 now and purchase a license in 2018 because there are new features that you like. This license for 2018 will cover all devices and it also allows you to use the aquasuite 2018 as long as you want.

Samstag, 10. Dezember 2016, 05:03

I came across this thread when I rebooted my computer for the first time in a while.

I'm running an Intel Xeon E5-2670-V3 12 Core on an Asus Sabertooth X99 with 16GB of 3200Mhz DDR4 and two GTX 670FTW's in SLI.

I bought an aquaero 5 XT in 2012. I have put that thing through more than any lab accelerate lifecycle testing could have ever prepared it for.

Since then I have considered aquacomputer products to be the best in this niche industry. I regularly use the data logging features to detect any failures or signs of performance degradation in my cooling system.

As a self proclaimed engineer I cut costs by doing things once. Only once. I buy aquacomputer parts once. They work and the company stands behind their product.

aquacomputer has over engineered every aspect of their product and based their softwares direction off feedback from the community.

Offering free support at only the cost of a one time purchase of such a reliable product takes a serious toll on an profits of the group vested in its development. I bought
an aquaero 6 XT off amazon prime for a fraction of what I paid for my 5XT. The engineering has only improved and scaled with the market.

I love the way you germans engineer your products now please take my money.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InitialDriveGTR« (10. Dezember 2016, 05:07)

Samstag, 10. Dezember 2016, 05:28

Where can I find a link on your website to purchase the new Aquasuite software license and download it? I'm having problems trying to find where I can purchase the license. Thanks.

Samstag, 10. Dezember 2016, 13:32

Where can I find a link on your website to purchase the new Aquasuite software license and download it? I'm having problems trying to find where I can purchase the license. Thanks.

When you run the setup you will get a link to purchase a license - but only if none of your devices qualifies for a free license. In the software itself you can go to the license management in the system tab. In the upper right corner you can select to purchase a license and it will also take you to the shop site.

Samstag, 10. Dezember 2016, 13:39

Why do you need the AS2017?
The only new thing is the web-interface.

Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2016, 01:35

lol, because you have no interest in the web-interface, he cannot have an interest in the 2017 version?
If you don't like motorcycles, no one should like motorcycles?

Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2016, 02:40

lol, because you have no interest in the web-interface, he cannot have an interest in the 2017 version?
If you don't like motorcycles, no one should like motorcycles?

I only ask if he really want a license for that, nothing wrong with buying one.

PS: Has he not already a license for 2017 with his AE6XT?

PPS: Motorcyclist a the best
organ donor :P

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (11. Dezember 2016, 03:17)

Aklokan

unregistriert

aquastream

Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2016, 10:31

Hello.
where can i download old free version of aquasuite?
i have aquastream XT pump, i can't get settings, because i change PC, and reinstall aquasuite..

i want to use old free version

Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2016, 12:03

Start the "aquasuite_setup.exe" and select the version.
Your pump must be connected via USB.

RE: aquastream

Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2016, 14:17

Hello.
where can i download old free version of aquasuite?
i have aquastream XT pump, i can't get settings, because i change PC, and reinstall aquasuite..

i want to use old free version

Visual to select the version (click on down-arrow):

Dienstag, 27. Dezember 2016, 23:05

Zitat

For all existing customers with aquaero 5/6 XT or aquaduct XT (no matter
how old), we grant a free license for the aquasuite 2017. The devices
automatically activate the software without an additional license key.

Same for all other aquaero and aquaduct customers with a total running
time of less than 2160 hours (90 days continuous operation). All owners
of aquastream ULTIMATE also receive a free license for the aquasuite
I own a Aquaero 6 XT, bought it a while back in 2016, it has an uptime of 120 days. Reading above statement, I should get a Free licence for 2017? Installed the 2017 software, but it did not update it automatically and it showd me the purchasion page :(.
Maybe it's because I took off the LCD screen and using it as a LT version? The 2016 software thinks it's a LT version. But then also, I should receive a free licence key, which aparently I don't?

Can someone clarify this?

Or should I have activated the licence 30 days ago when it still was in 90 days of operations?...Or is the 120 days of operation the total time of use?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »XenoMorpH« (27. Dezember 2016, 23:14)