• 16.04.2024, 11:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquastream XT Randomly Failed to Connect to USB

Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2016, 01:08

Hi there,

My Aquastream XT suddenly showed as disconnected in Aquasuite, and when I checked Device Manager in Windows, there was an exclamation mark over the Aquastream device in Human Interface Devices which said it had failed to start, even though the pump was running.

Now that I can assign the Aquastream's Water Temperature reading as a source for controlling curves in Aquasuite 2017, when it failed to start it caused my alarms to go off (because the temps were set to the default 50°C) and thus the fans to be set to 100%. Well, I know that's obvious and unavoidable if the USB device is not detected, but I'm not sure how it failed to start in the first place, and if it cannot be relied upon then what can I do to remedy the situation? Could a bug in Aquasuite 2017 somehow be causing it to disconnect? It's the first time I've noticed it disconnect, but then again before I installed Aquasuite 2017 the pump's Water Temperature reading wasn't controlling anything, so I had no reason to look very often.

Yes, the USB cable is fitted correctly and in the right orientation on both motherboard and Aquastream XT. After rebooting, the device was immediately recognised again.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Undesirable« (6. Dezember 2016, 01:25)

Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2016, 15:39

Very unlikely that this is an issue with the aquasuite since it does not provider any drivers etc. It uses the standard USB interface of the operating system like a keyboard or mouse so the problem already starts one level before the aquasuite. Besides that the pump is a popular product so if this one would not work correctly with the software you can be sure we would have already been bombed with e-mails and phone calls ;)

The first thing that I would try is to use another USB port on the mainboard and also to exchange the USB cable if you have another one available.

Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2016, 18:03

Unfortunately I don't have another internal USB header free, so I might have to buy an internal USB expansion board or wait until the new year and possibly buy a new Zen motherboard. The header that the pump is connected to only has 4 pins instead of 5, please see this thread: Aquastream XT USB Motherboard Header Connection Question

I was told that it didn't matter and the pump would still work fine, which it does for the most part.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Undesirable« (8. Dezember 2016, 18:10)

Freitag, 9. Dezember 2016, 10:42

That is correct, it does not matter. The 5th pin is only an additional ground connection.

Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2016, 04:49

Well, it happened again. I've come armed with a screenshot this time. Haven't changed anything about my config. Most of the time it works, but I'm afraid it's not really reliable enough for me to use as a water temperature sensor, which is a shame because I upgraded the pump to the ultra version for that purpose.

I'm running Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393] with all the latest updates installed, and the latest Aquasuite 2017.

Update: Rather than restart my computer, I tried disabling then re-enabling the USB Input Device in Device Manager. The pump was then successfully detected without having to reset my machine.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Undesirable« (14. Dezember 2016, 05:18)

Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2016, 12:02

Update: Rather than restart my computer, I tried disabling then re-enabling the USB Input Device in Device Manager. The pump was then successfully detected without having to reset my machine.

Confirms one more time that the USB connection between the mainboard and the pump seems to be unstable for some reasons.