• 18.04.2024, 09:19
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

skingun

Dual D5 AC USB Pumps and Aquaero 6XT

Samstag, 17. Dezember 2016, 23:43

Hi All.

A minor problem I am having...

I am running 2 AC D5 USB pumps in serial with an EK pump top. I have managed to get both pumps to show up in aquasuite and connected to the aquaero via the aquabus only (connected by USB first to assign different bus addresses). Both pumps can be controlled in aquasuite but only 1 of the pumps is reporting information - rpm,Hz, A and %. Any ideas why the other pump is not showing this?

I am running the latest version of aquasuite.

Both pumps are connected to high speed aquabus header with y cable.

Screenshot below:

Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2016, 00:11

No idea, my AE5lt is fine

PS: The AS2017 seems to be slightly different from the 2016

PPS: Have you checked molex power to the second pump, the pins are sometimes pushed backwards out of the plug
»EnigmaG« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Unbenannt.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (18. Dezember 2016, 00:34)

skingun

Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2016, 00:44

Hi EnigmaG. Thanks for your reply.
The pump works and I can control it in aquasuite. The problem I have is that the second pump does not display information in aquasuite such a power, rpm, etc...I can't figure it out.

Just tried reconnecting usb but still doesn't work. Could the pump be faulty? Maybe it's the aquabus cable? Mechanically it's fine. Shoggy...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »skingun« (18. Dezember 2016, 01:21)

skingun

Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2016, 10:02

Morning, I have done the following:

swapped aquabus cables over at Y splitter. No changes noticed so Y splitter must be ok.

swapped cables over at pump, no change. aquabus cables must be ok.

Put everything back together, turned on PC and pump 2 was running at 100% speed and had disappeared from aquasuite. Had to reconnect via USB. Turned off PC, removed USB cable, still showing in aquasuite. Still not reporting RPM but speed control is working.

Do you think this is a faulty pump - RMA time?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »skingun« (19. Dezember 2016, 20:07)

Ditze

Dienstag, 20. Dezember 2016, 07:25

Does your Y-splitter connect everything? Most splitters only give through one fourth pin of a PWM connector. If the splitter is operated for fans more signals would lead to errors in the data, but you are trying to use it for a BUS-System so you need every signal.
Alle Angaben ohne Gewähr :D

skingun

Dienstag, 20. Dezember 2016, 08:01

Does your Y-splitter connect everything? Most splitters only give through one fourth pin of a PWM connector. If the splitter is operated for fans more signals would lead to errors in the data, but you are trying to use it for a BUS-System so you need every signal.
The Y splitter is an official Aquacomputer Aquabus Y splitter. Pump 1 reports RPM and does so regardless of which header it is plugged into on the Y splitter.

Dienstag, 20. Dezember 2016, 09:07

What happens when you connect this pump alone to the aquaero?

Dienstag, 20. Dezember 2016, 14:23

I have two AC USB D5 pumps connected via USB only that work fine except one doesn't display the correct RPM. The one that seems weird shows the RPM as about 1/10th of what it should be but the flow is fine as I have a usb high flow meter and a mark one eyeball. So when running full tilt one shows 4800 RPM and the other about 480. I haven't upgraded the software yet to any new version so still on 2016.4
Ideas?

skingun

Dienstag, 20. Dezember 2016, 22:46

What happens when you connect this pump alone to the aquaero?
Good evening Shoggy

I have tested as you say. I used an aquabus cable that I can guarantee is working.

Removed Y splitter. Plugged pump 1 (this pump has no problems) directly into aquabus high speed port. See photo below

Powered down PC. Used same cable to directly connect pump 2 to aquabus high speed port. See photo below.

As you can see, pump 2 does not report RPM signal to aquaero or aquasuite. I think this is a fault with the pump. I have already raised an RMA return form with Aqua Tuning and will be posting on Thursday. Expect to receive this one soon :cursing:

Thank you for your help. Merry Christmas!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »skingun« (21. Dezember 2016, 08:46)

Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2016, 12:27

If you also do not get the rpm when the pump is connected via USB, than it is pretty safe to say that the rpm wire to the controller board is interrupted in some way.

Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2016, 13:28

Shoggy,
Does that make it a usb cable problem or a controller on the pump problem?
thanks

skingun

Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2016, 13:32

If you also do not get the rpm when the pump is connected via USB, than it is pretty safe to say that the rpm wire to the controller board is interrupted in some way.
I can confirm rpm signal not sent over USB connection either. I'm not handy with a soldering iron so will just send in for repair/replacement.

@JasonMorris - can you make your own thread instead of hijacking mine. :P

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »skingun« (21. Dezember 2016, 13:36)