• 16.04.2024, 10:33
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

2016-5.3 Direct download?

Montag, 19. Dezember 2016, 17:48

Hi;

Is there a way to download 2016-5.3 directly (without having to use the general download tool)?

The reason I ask is that I would like to keep a copy of the version I am currently using in case I have to restore my system in the future.

I recently had a problem, and probably reinstalled (re-downloaded) 2016-5.3 about ten times trying to solve my issue.

I'm not sure if the 2016 version will ever be updated again in the future, but if it is I would like to be able to have a choice to continue using what I currently have if I need to. (whereas if the current available version gets updated I presume I would only have the one choice to move to the newer version).

Or, if I ever move to the 2017-20xx versions, I can imagine still wanting the ability to stay with the version I have installed when re-installing (instead of always needing to get the 'current' version in that situation).

Is there a way to either direct-download 2016-5.3 or keep a downloaded copy available after using the general download tool?

Thanks;

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MysteryGuy« (19. Dezember 2016, 17:53)

Montag, 19. Dezember 2016, 18:32

Currently it's not possible to install a version (even if you would own the downloaded installation file) without running the installation process by the downloader.

We have changed the installation process to this behaviour as a big part of our support aford is caused by users who are using old versions of our software/firmware. To prevent that in the future old versions will be installed we have done it this way. We will always take care that you will be able to install a version of the software - independent if you have a current licence.

In the future the aquasuite will integrate an update process. At that time the downloader will only be used for the first install.

Montag, 19. Dezember 2016, 20:17

I think I understand what you are saying.

> In the future the aquasuite will integrate an update process. At that
> time the downloader will only be used for the first install.

Just to be clear, I was also thinking about re-installation after uninstall (whether to try and fix a problem or because I started over and re-installed my OS) when I had a previously working setup.

My thought was that having the ability to get back to where I was (presumable without any issues) was safer than possibly being required to update during a re-install. If it was working before, then theoretically I should be able to make it work again, at least with the version I was using.

I guess my reluctance to always update to 'the latest' (at least when I have a working setup) is colored by my past Aquasuite update experiences.

Maybe I've just had bad luck, but pretty much every time I've updated to a newer version I've had to solve either something getting broken or lost with my settings.(Even though things appeared to be working fine before the update).

I've often had to re-enter my settings by hand to get back to working after an update. (Although just yesterday when I had an update issue I was pleasantly surprised to see that most of my setup was retained after having to re-install Aquasuite with the option to remove all my old settings...).

Thanks;

Donnerstag, 22. Dezember 2016, 11:24

You can of course use the Microsoft Backup solutions oor other image based backup tools. They will work with our licence system and after restoring a backup your system will be usable without a new activation.
If you are looking for a file you can install in the future: That is not available as I already stated.