• 20.04.2024, 01:04
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Pressure Sensor 1000 - too "strong"?

Samstag, 24. Dezember 2016, 19:29

I built a large water-cooled system 2 years ago and purchased both the Flow Meter and a Delta 1000 pressure sensor. But, I messed-up and used a 1-bay square tank that is not really a "water column" so the pressure sensor did not go in. This sensor has 1 port, so it's a fill-level indicator I guess.

Yesterday I added a large external EKWB reservoir and installed the Delta 1000 on the bottom. Had to update the firmware then it had all the configuration options. However, I've only seen it bump-up from 0 to 1 a little. So I am guessing it is because this sensor is way too "strong" and won't sense very small pressure variations. It seems this combination was a mistake. :cursing:

It that accurate? At this point the choice is to replace the Delta 1000 with something like a Delta 40, correct? And it would probably work better as a differential sensor I would think.

Thanks for your time and input.

Sonntag, 25. Dezember 2016, 02:01

This sensor has 1 port, so it's a fill-level indicator I guess.

Shout have two.

from 0 to 1 a little

1 a little what?

Delta 1000

is 0-10 meter (0-33 foot) the resolution is accordingly.

Sonntag, 25. Dezember 2016, 14:25

@ rockney8588

As EnigmaG said, and yes the delta 40, with a range of 0 to 40cm (0 to15.75") is for you.
But even the delta 40 will be of limited use with a 1-bay high reservoir.

Longer column

Freitag, 20. Januar 2017, 16:54

Yes, that's why it did not go in until I added an EKWB 354mm tube above everything else. The sensor is mounted on the botton of that. With the 1000 it moves from 0.0 to about 0.3.

RE: Longer column

Freitag, 20. Januar 2017, 23:06

Yes, that's why it did not go in until I added an EKWB 354mm tube above everything else. The sensor is mounted on the botton of that. With the 1000 it moves from 0.0 to about 0.3.

The 1000 should work, but the resolution will be very coarse.
The 40 will have a much better resolution.

Installation
  • Connect sensor High Port to Bottom Port of reservoir
  • Connect sensor Low Port to Top Port of reservoir OR leave both Low Port AND reservoir Top Port open to atmosphere
    Can use Pressure Equalizing Membrane at reservoir Top Port if using atmosphere equalization option
Configuration
  • Open Aquasuite > Level Sensor > Configuration tab
  • Enter the Reservoir height from the bottom of the Reservoir to the Top (max fill)
  • Enter the Coolant level measured from the bottom of the Reservoir
  • Click Calibrate
MPS Manual

Dienstag, 24. Januar 2017, 15:57

I Think from memory the first edition of the 1000 sensor used an absolute pressure sensor instead of the differential sensors in the smaller models, so it only used one post to measure the pressure of the res

Samstag, 18. Februar 2017, 18:38

It's not really a problem if your sensor is aimed @ higher pressure. Solution: set the number of decimal places to 3 digits. Check my picture.

I use the sensor to see the differential pressure. I have a 1hp Chiller connect to my overclock rig. That thing is LOUD so it sits in another room, with 28 meter of copper pipes and tubes. So I need loads of flow and want to see the pressure. Especially if I drop the water temperature to 3 ℃!