• 19.04.2024, 17:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MPS 400 flow meter durability

Mittwoch, 28. Dezember 2016, 16:39

Hi
I have been a huge fan of the MPS 400 flow meter. But can someone tell my why they don't last for more than 6 month's to a year?? My third MPS 400 flow sensor has stopped working. Am I doing something wrong. I went with two of the USB high flow version in my new build but i really hate the rattling noise. So I would love to go back to the MPS400 flow meters, but i lost my faith in the durability of it ?(

Mittwoch, 28. Dezember 2016, 22:38

I've been hearing that here and there hence why I went with the High Flow sensor. The rattling for me is only audible once I pass the 1.5 GPM threshold since I don't need to go that high. The sweet spot for all liquid loops when it comes to flow is 1.0-1.5 GPMs. I run my large loop at a 1.0 GPM at max for pump audible reasons but temps won't change much regardless if I pump it up a bit.

Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2016, 01:54

I've had three of the MPS 400 Flow Sensors fail in a relatively short period of time.

I also have moved to the USB High Flow Sensor in my recent builds, and have not noticed any objectionable noise. But then again, thanks to 24 years in the USMC, my hearing is shot.

RodeoGeorge

Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2016, 08:43

It would be great if someone could figure out what and why the problem occurs :?: . The MPS sensor is great when it works. But it's way to expensive if you have buy a new sensor every 6 month to year..

Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2016, 08:51

I have used the high flow sensor before but never had that much noise. I'll try to tune my pumps, maybe I can hit the sweet spot :thumbsup:
I've been hearing that here and there hence why I went with the High Flow sensor. The rattling for me is only audible once I pass the 1.5 GPM threshold since I don't need to go that high. The sweet spot for all liquid loops when it comes to flow is 1.0-1.5 GPMs. I run my large loop at a 1.0 GPM at max for pump audible reasons but temps won't change much regardless if I pump it up a bit.

Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2016, 20:19

I got answers from Aqua Computer today regarding the three MPS 400 flowmeters which stopped working. Since I use Mayhems X1 coolant, it is the most likely cause for the sensors to stop working after a while. The reason is that the X1 coolant contains glycerol and membrane inside the sensor can not withstand it.

Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2016, 22:24

Nor can your other gear if you're using them colors. Your blocks, rads will stain. I keep my stuff clear for those reasons and the horrors I've seen over the years.

Samstag, 31. Dezember 2016, 12:17

Ordered new coolant and a new MPS 400 flow sensor today. I give it another go to see if it works :whistling: